That other old one on eBay

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
harry morris

That other old one on eBay

Postby harry morris » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Hello everyone,
this is my second attempt at posting here, my last effort mysteriously disappeared after a couple of hours so here goes.
ANOTHER OLD ONE ON EBAY Well twas me wot bort it but not at the ridiculous price the seller had it up for, he finally came down to a more realistic figure and I am now won of yews lot ha ha,
I am very pleased with the van and as FLYING JOHN says its very shiny, and noted that the batteries are dated 05/12/03 it's very very quiet to drive and I am quite happy with the 45 miles I get per charge down to 20 percent with my fairly heavy right boot! the WEBASTO heater doesn't work and the previous owner told me he had traced the fault to the unit itself! I have to admit I don't like them anyway nor do I like the idea of having petrol in an electric vehicle, but I have a cunning plan for the heater and will post here if it is successful. I will be doing all my own maintenance and have ordered an EVLITE from EVAN TUER I have a little REVA G-WIZ which is now sadly for sale, id'e love to keep it but due to lack of space it's got to go.
So people I have been reading this forum a lot recently and im'e delighted with your vast knowledge of the BLINGO (couln't get anything on the llittle G-WIZ and as for GOINGREEN useless)
I would like a good handbook on the van and wiring diagrams if they can be got, would welcome any feedback from anyone interested and look forward to my first visit to the SLUG AND LETTUCE, cheers HARRY MORRIS

timpootle

Re: That other old one on eBay

Postby timpootle » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:56 am

Hello Harry. Success at last!

I will meet you on Monday at the Slug and Lettuce in Altrincham. Looks like a shiny van you have.

Your heater comments interest me. Tell us more...

I don't think anyone has found a full workshop manual yet, but we have some training notes doing the rounds. I'll bring what I have on Monday.
Tim Crumpton

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:14 pm

timpootle wrote:Hello Harry. Success at last!

I will meet you on Monday at the Slug and Lettuce in Altrincham. Looks like a shiny van you have.

Your heater comments interest me. Tell us more...

I don't think anyone has found a full workshop manual yet, but we have some training notes doing the rounds. I'll bring what I have on Monday.

Hello TIM, yes success as you say! the BLINGOS are a bit difficult to find in good working order, this ten year old is in fine fettle all credit due to the previous owner who has transformed this ugly looking van into this shiny example, it had apparently two fibreglass serving hatches one on either side and looked like a really good shed! the heater will have to remain top secret for the moment due to the millions of pounds worth of patents etc ( I wish) but I will post hear I promise if its a success, cheers be there monday HARRY

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:29 pm

Welcome along at last Harry :wink: we got there in the end then 8)

harry morris wrote: I have a little REVA G-WIZ which is now sadly for sale, id'e love to keep it but due to lack of space it's got to go.

How much have you got the G-wizz up for sale Harry ??

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:07 am

ChrisB wrote:Welcome along at last Harry :wink: we got there in the end then 8)

harry morris wrote: I have a little REVA G-WIZ which is now sadly for sale, id'e love to keep it but due to lack of space it's got to go.

How much have you got the G-wizz up for sale Harry ??

ChrisB

Hello CHRIS, haven't given it much thought to be honest, would like it to go to a member if anyone's interested its taxed and tested and runs well, the energy meter has never worked and I have removed the rear seats and seat belts as it made getting at the electrics easier and of course there's loads of room for madams shopping! couldn't get a watering kit so had to devise my own, cheers HARRY

EVan

Postby EVan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm sure nobody's thinking about heaters in August but I've had a ceramic element on my berlingo for a few years, it draws 10A from the pack when used with the second fan setting and keeps the windows clear of mist. In really cold weather (like last winter) I still use the petrol heater.

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:16 pm

EVan wrote:I'm sure nobody's thinking about heaters in August but I've had a ceramic element on my berlingo for a few years, it draws 10A from the pack when used with the second fan setting and keeps the windows clear of mist. In really cold weather (like last winter) I still use the petrol heater.

Thanks EVAN, had thought about ceramic elements but didn't want to take any more from the main pack as I think the 12 volt auxiliary battery has enough to do especially with headlights on! have you any idea why the heaters fan control switch has a good quarter turn before it gets to "O" the fan doesn't seem to come on until number "1" is reached? I would also like to know the full layout of the plumbing of the heater so I can drain it completely and also disconnecting the WEBASTO electrics in case it causes problems!!! cheers HARRY

EVan

Postby EVan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:30 pm

harry morris wrote:
EVan wrote:I'm sure nobody's thinking about heaters in August but I've had a ceramic element on my berlingo for a few years, it draws 10A from the pack when used with the second fan setting and keeps the windows clear of mist. In really cold weather (like last winter) I still use the petrol heater.

Thanks EVAN, had thought about ceramic elements but didn't want to take any more from the main pack as I think the 12 volt auxiliary battery has enough to do especially with headlights on!

Hi Harry, that's why I connected it to the main pack rather than the 12V system!

have you any idea why the heaters fan control switch has a good quarter turn before it gets to "O" the fan doesn't seem to come on until number "1" is reached?

Check the manual - this control is for turning off the air completely, quite handy sometimes..

I would also like to know the full layout of the plumbing of the heater so I can drain it completely and also disconnecting the WEBASTO electrics in case it causes problems!!! cheers HARRY

The spherical bottle is the heater reservoir. Follow the rubber hoses to the heater and to the two heater matrix ports on the bulkhead. That's it.

Reset the heater by removing both electrical connections on top and reconnecting them, before condemning it.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Another problem can be the pump sticking which stops the heater from firing up.

Also the low fuel lock out can stick and even though fuel is in the tank it thinks there isnt.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:52 pm

ChrisB wrote:Another problem can be the pump sticking which stops the heater from firing up.

Also the low fuel lock out can stick and even though fuel is in the tank it thinks there isnt.

ChrisB

Cheers CHRIS, I really am going to remove this heater and do my own thing, but I will keep it in case anyone needs it for parts etc, HARRY

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”