Power meter not dropping

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Grumpy-b

Power meter not dropping

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Has anyone ever come across a power meter that doesnt appear to be dropping from 100%. Even with pack voltage at 156.?
Only moves when you turn it off.
Any ideas?

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Re: Power meter not dropping

Postby ChrisB » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:16 pm

New one on me :?

Have you tried a reset i.e dropping a pack fuse and the 12v and leaving it for a while and then reconnecting just incase the computers got its knickers in a twist, what does a EVlite say about the subject ?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:09 pm

The blingo version of ctrl, alt, del, didnt resolve it. I wont be able to check any errors out until next week when I get it to my mates workshop. I do know it has however been in the hands of a citroen dealer who claimed to have done a maint charge. If they did they didnt re-set the water. SO its anybodys guess if the Bu**ered something up.. Its got a number of duff cells, and the orange and charge lights come on at about 12 miles. Looks like it has back and middle pack problems. They appear to be the original 2001 cells. with about 26k miles.

Further investigation next week.

Grumpy-b

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Not sure why its`staying at 100%. I do know why its only 156v. Two burnt cells and 4 others with really low voltage.
It even been to a Citroen Dealer, who claims to have done a maint charge. If they did they certainly disnt water it. It would have just run out out of the casings on the two packs.
Their comment was it had a battery problem, no go away. But it took them months to come to that conclusion. They also told the owner that a maint charge takes a set amount of water which they sell (as its a special stuff) in sachets ready measured.
I hope after a maint charge and watering it will behave itself. It resets the power meter when it finishes the maint charge. If not then not sure of way forward. I do have a spare calculator, so Could just swap it over.

This van will never do more than about 25 miles, as the only spare cells I have are ones that start to fail at 50% or a bit less. STill thats better than doing only a hadfull of miles.

One thing worth mentioning in the 11 pack there is a manifold of plastic and rubber at each end of the pack (Inside ) with ethe coolant, This has a flattened oval pipe of plastic with a shaped rubber pipe feeding it. This is originally located with a couple of small dabs of glue, this breaks up. So check its not loose. This was and so its now held on with stainless lockwire. I had no superglue to hand.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Oh dear Main Stealer failure AGAIN :roll: they dont have a clue with these vehicles now :roll:

Special sachets eh :roll: what will they think of next :roll:

Interesting you mention the coolent manifolds I remember those when I swapped my center pack over, dont remember finding them glued though and I just pushed mine back on :? no issues ........ so far :?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 am

Its just a couple of small blobs on the end of the rubber tube. Its also important when pushing it back on to clean out any coolant which acts as a lubricant. Un cleaned its easy to pull off, cleaned quite difficult.
The pipe is under a small pressure. The older the pipework gets the less elastic it becomes.

Just a cautionary thing. Judgement with whats to hand at the time is always the best way.

Grumpy-b

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:54 pm

The power meter problem has not gone away. It reads 100% even after usage. The vehicle also has errors. EO (Permanant insulation loss) and Q0 (temporary insulation loss)
More, messing about needed. Brush cleaning first.

But the % problem is a real issue.

Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”