Controlling the standard charger

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
genawin

Controlling the standard charger

Postby genawin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:52 am

Has anyone got any tips on connecting a basic bms (Stybrook type) to the standard charger ?

timpootle

Re: Controlling the standard charger

Postby timpootle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:55 am

Hello Martin

What are you up to? It sounds interesting. You were asking me for batteries a month or so back. I'm sorry for not replying then.

Evan Tuer had tweaked the charger in his 106 to follow the lithium regieme, but I don't know if he has it controlled by his BMS, or if that simply shuts it off.
Tim Crumpton

genawin

Postby genawin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:35 am

timpootle wrote:Hello Martin

What are you up to? It sounds interesting. You were asking me for batteries a month or so back. I'm sorry for not replying then.

Evan Tuer had tweaked the charger in his 106 to follow the lithium regieme, but I don't know if he has it controlled by his BMS, or if that simply shuts it off.

Hello Tim , I'm trying to do the same thing as Evan with my 106 - I tried a direct email to him but maybe he's a bit busy ?

willfromsussex

Postby willfromsussex » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:52 am

i'd be interested to know if it is possible to tell the charger to only draw 2kw or even less, so i could charge the van from my off-grid solar setup which has a 2.2Kw pure sine inverter.

It would be great if I could go straight from DC into the batteries but since my solar system is 48v i can't see how that's ever going to happen. Even if I had 180vdc available say, it would still need some kind of charge controller capable of accepting that input.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:06 pm

I have a feeling there is a setting you can tweak using the DAIG 2000 diagnosis unit, there was definately options in the charger section I am sure, wasnt many from memory but you could change the current draw which would impact charge time.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

highend

Postby highend » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Here is the way to quick charge Berlingo:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x618pd ... -pour_tech

forget standard charger :)

willfromsussex

Postby willfromsussex » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:50 am

:shock:

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”