insurance renewal

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
harry morris

insurance renewal

Postby harry morris » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:46 am

Well folks it's that time of year for me again!!! that is to say the joke that is INSURANCE last year I paid £142 which I thought was reasonable for a retired person and wife to drive less than 2000 miles a year, third party fire and theft.
This year they want £288. 85 so I rang them and asked WHY they said premiums had gone up 9% this year I asked WHY, double dip recession no wage increases shops and businesses closing by the day !!! sorry am gunna put the van away disconnect the batteries and wait for this lot to come to there senses, I was with ADRIAN FLUX who have been quite reasonable over the years, I have four vehicles insured through them, so people lets know how much your prepared to pay and are paying to keep our beloved BLINGO'S on the road, cheers HARRY MORRIS

highend

Re: insurance renewal

Postby highend » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:39 pm

maybe change insurer?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Just had mine through from Co OP about £245 and thats with Business use.
Wont be renewing as Im taking that Van off the road, it is non functioning and buying an electric Smart. Then converting the Multispace to Lithium. If the Multispace goes well then I will probably do another Berlingo and sell the Smart. Its all go.
Grumpy-b

Peter Eggleston

Postby Peter Eggleston » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi
I have just had the plug pulled on my limited milage policy with Adrian Flux. They somehow were worried that I was going to do over 3000 miles a year in my milk float and so upped the premium to £312. (I did 600 miles this year).
I have now just changed to a cherished classic vehicle policy with Rawlins Commercial Insurance Brokers, underwritten by Towergate for £84.80 plus a one off £25 set up charge and limited to 1500 miles per year. A much better deal, I think.
Peter

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Well done PETER, I will give RAWLINS a call and give them a try on Monday, looks like ADRIAN FLUX has gone the same way as the rest of the money grabbers, so come on you lot if got a secret low price for you van insurance let us know there's not many of us left you know, I think FLYING JOHN said we were down to 57 vans on the road, cheers HARRY MORRIS

highend

Postby highend » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 am

how UK insurers do check yearly mileage? Do they have to see your van or something?
very interesting from my point of view

Peter Eggleston

Postby Peter Eggleston » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:30 pm

I had to change my speedometer unit so last years milage did not match with this years; but try to explain this to them. Rawlins require a photograph of the mileometer as well as photos of the rest of the vehicle.
Also in the event of a claim they could read the mileometer and use this as an axcuse to avoid payment.
Peter

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:46 pm

highend wrote:how UK insurers do check yearly mileage? Do they have to see your van or something?
very interesting from my point of view

Generally you write down and sign to say that you will not exceed the stated mileage.

I'm paying something like £280 with Flux with an agreed write off cost of £3000 otherwise I know they would have treated it as a 1998 regular Berlingo Van ........current value of one of those is about £500 if your lucky :lol: :lol: :lol:
It did add £25 to the quote and I had to fill in some paper work and take 7 good quality photos of the van and send it to them but I felt it was worth it

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Well a milk float is somewhat different from a Blingo and the Rawlins lady said a 53 plate Blingo cannot be considered as a Classic vehicle.

Nevertheless she quoted me £350, nearly twice my renewal quote.

JOhn

sunandwindy

Postby sunandwindy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi Guy's,

I've not yet tried to insure any electric vehicle, however... I used to use Adrian Flux as they were competitive years a go, however this has changed now they've got bigger, especially if you've been with them a year or two. Everyone recommends AF if your struggling to insure a 'special'. I'm now with NFU who were more competitive than AF. I've now had to move to a business traders policy, again the NFU were more competitive than all the others I tried. Whether you'd get the same service as a non-business user I don't know, but they visit me every year to check the policy details etc.

Worth trying your local office, or the one in Hay-on-Wye where I go.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”