CV Joint & steering Rack Questions

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Grumpy-b

Re: CV Joint & steering Rack Questions

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 am

From a quick bit of investigation, I cant give a definite answer. The CVs definitely have the same spline that goes into the hub with 24teeth, I have swapped over hubs from an electrique to an HDI so I know that side is OK.. The normal Berlingo is 34 inner teeth. I do have a shaft off an electrique and I will take this apart saturday to get a definitive answer. The Peugeot 309 also shares the same dimensions as the std berlingo part, and looks externally exactly the same as the Electrique part. There may be issues with shaft size and gaiter size as HDIs have a thicker shaft that is slimmed down for the splines.
So by the end of Sat we will have a resolution to the outer CV part required for electriques.

Grumpy-b

dmason

Postby dmason » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks!

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Sorry all in Blingo land, its bad news.On the 2000 set of drive shafts I have just taken apart, the CV isnt removable as a unit. The inner part appears to be the same forging as the driveshaft. So although the external part is the same as the other versions it is not interchangeable. All is not lost however. I do have some spares, and there are companies who advertise that they will re manufacture CVs, they re-machine the grooves re harden and use larger balls.
Just search the web for cv remanufacture.

Grumpy-b

dmason

Postby dmason » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:38 am

Thanks for going to all that trouble Grumpy-b! Its really appreciated.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”