More Belingo van troubles , charging not intialising ?

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
jamesingram

More Belingo van troubles , charging not intialising ?

Postby jamesingram » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi all , new here so thanks for any advice offered in advance.

I've a Belingo Electrique van , 2000 W reg , 27,000 mile on the clock
Had it about 6 month. Been charging and running fine , getting about 35-40 on a charge so the batteries
seem ok ish , perhaps starting to wain a bit.
Couple of weeks ago, whilst charging it appeared to have stopped mid charge. It now doesn't notice the charge lead when plugged in.
Ignition is fine and starts fine, runs etc. ( though battery are reading close to 0 )
I've checked the lead for a blown fuse and power is getting to the 2 contacts on the leads car plug. Just nothing happening when I plug it in.
My guess is there's some fuse in the vehicle that blown on the charger circuit.
Had a look round and cant find anything obvious.
I've been monitoring the input during charges over the last few months
I charge via a 13A plug ( as it's always been done)
Notice input currents been about 14A ish and taking about 11-14kWh for a 20% to 100% charge.
Also seemed not to stop charging ever just dropped down to 1kW ish input once at 100%
I've a copy of the Owner manual via http://www.berlingo-e.co.uk/ site . but no access to technical info.

Anybody got any ideas or access to technician manuals
cheers Jim

Hi just noticed the Belingo section on here, had a search through and found the French manual , anything in there ?
Should I move this over to the correct subsection ?

timpootle

Re: More Belingo van troubles , charging not intialising ?

Postby timpootle » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:30 am

Hello Jim

I have moved your post for you. My first thought on your defect was the controller not seeing the plug, or flap shut properly. I believe there is a microswitch on the latch of the flap. Maybe WD40 in there? Only a guess.

Not a problem I have heard of before. Good luck.
Tim Crumpton

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:10 pm

The charger wont start charging, even if plugged in until the door closure switch is activated. I can have a look at a charge socket off a vehicle and see if there is an accessible loom connection where you could test this out. The switch is a Peugeot 406(I think not 405 I can check) door switch, so nothing special I fitted one to my Electrique Multispace as it was missing on my doner vehicles socket. But if its not operating then you wont charge.
The Charger failure that is most common is to start charging for a few seconds then shut down.
Not sure about the never going below 1kw, but that could jsut be that your vehicle has gone into a self imposed balance charge that could easily take 12 hours start to finish, so if you get it going do let it go on and it will finish. Eventually.
Grumpy-b

jamesingram

Postby jamesingram » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Thanks for the advice , I'll check the door switch when I get a minute and let you know how I got on.
cheers Jim

jamesingram

Postby jamesingram » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:41 pm

re. charge time. It has stopped charging by itself a few times, just seems recently to be going on for longer after it reached 100%,Usually taking about 4-6 hours to get from 20 to 100% then at least 2+ hours to stop . As it was drawing 14A plus I wondered if it was over charging or taking to much to quickly ?? so started to stop charging myself after about 8 hours as I was concerned it might over heat the 13A plug ( I did melt one plug, but it was a dodgy plug I think)

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:20 pm

It sounds like it was trying to finish a balance charge.
I never use 13amp plugs, they just arnt up to a continuous 13amp load. The problem is with the fuse getting lose and causing excess heat, that melts the little insulated section and often causes them to get stuck in the socket. If you must use 13amp dont use a rubber version, but a solid one like the MKs, they dont have so much movement inthe casing and tend to last a bit longer. Change to 16amp, much better. I sell a really nice version of the plugs and line sockets that has a crimping collar so does not have problems with the small boot around the cable entry tearing.

Grumpy-b

jamesingram

Postby jamesingram » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks for the advice Gb. I did have rigging up a commando socket on my ever growing to do list.
So sprayed some of the wonder spray ( silicon) about the general area and plugged it in and it started charging.
Hurrah !
but then it stopped at about 40% ( 90ish minutes later) and now wont initialise again. Arse.
Dark, wet and raining . I'll try again tomorrow in day light

jamesingram

Postby jamesingram » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:26 pm

still no luck, haven't taken the van charge socket out yet , where abouts is the micro switch located. Is it on the flap latch or the flap hinge side?
Seems I need to get to it from under the wing with the wheel off ?

cheers

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Its inside the wing. I did note the cable connections, but im away until Monday. I will post that as you can then check the pins on the multiway round connector on the drivers side inner edge of the front chassis rail, a lead comes through the inner arch and stops at that plug/ socket on a steel plate. V obvious. I will post which pins they are on Monday then you can check if its working from there, probably a lot simpler than going into the arch or taking the wing off.
GRumpy-b

highend

Postby highend » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:22 pm

I have same problem with one Blingo. I was thinking that controller is faulty (charger inside) so I swapped whole SagemBox from a working one... To my surprise it still didn't worked.
Charging starts for 4-5 seconds then stops. Every time.
Connected Lexia software and checked working parameters (in live)
Noticed that DC-DC is not turning on, and also that whole pack voltage goes quickly from 150V to 236V (in 4 seconds!) then it stops "charging". Obviously pack voltage is not reaching 236V as when charge lead connected again - same happens.
Also charger and DC-DC converter is 100% fine... where is the problem? Maybe we both have same problem?

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”