yellow blingo van in mid lincs

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
berlingoian

yellow blingo van in mid lincs

Postby berlingoian » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:42 pm

Imagine my surprise to pass, in the opposite direction, a yellow Berlingo, clearly marked that it was electrically powered within a couple of miles of my house in mid Lincs.
As I was busy trying to keep a red routemaster bus on the narrow lane, i wasn't in a position to handbrake turn and pursue.
Perhaps the driver comes here and remembers the occasion, about 6 weeks ago.....?

ChrisB

Re: yellow blingo van in mid lincs

Postby ChrisB » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:13 pm

There are still "a few" about well 33 to be acurate and a couple sorn :wink:

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ci ... electrique

Definately on the decline mind :(

Not as bad as the poor old Bedford CF which I think I had the last ever one running before I sold it

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/be ... 0_electric

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

highend

Postby highend » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:31 pm

ChrisB wrote:There are still "a few" about well 33 to be acurate and a couple sorn :wink:

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ci ... electrique

Definately on the decline mind :(

most of them went to Poland :twisted:
about 12pcs (7 visible) are sitting there:

the first on the left is from scrapyard in Gosport - now it is dismantled and now does not exist,
had removed VIN plate (gosport yard request) means in Poland very illegal (treated as junk by police and possibly very high fine - so it was better to dismantle whole van to parts)

Can make more pictures of all of them tomorrow if weather allows.

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:50 am

The yellow one in the picture could have been the one I saw. What's the history of that one?
Do we know how many were originally made of each , rhd, colours, sliding doors, other variations etc? Bit of a bus spotter question, I realise ;-) just interested.....

highend

Postby highend » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:17 am

berlingoian wrote:The yellow one in the picture could have been the one I saw. What's the history of that one?
Do we know how many were originally made of each , rhd, colours, sliding doors, other variations etc? Bit of a bus spotter question, I realise ;-) just interested.....

not possible because this yellow one I got over half year ago, and you wrote your post now :)
maybe was similar :)
sliding doors have all post 2000 year. Pre-2000 year no sliding doors. That's my observation.

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:16 pm

So, how many spare D batteries have you saved from the broken vans, highend? :-)
Got any spare;-)?

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 pm

835! My Ni-Cad Blingo was W834WAE, her sister. Now sold to Warwickshire.
Tim Crumpton

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:02 am

I still have w833wae, bit dead at the moment, but may rise from the ashes of wiring problems one day.
It started life with Liverpool council. You can still make out the slightly shiny paint on the sides where the signwriting came off.
Grumpy-b

highend

Postby highend » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:59 pm

berlingoian wrote:So, how many spare D batteries have you saved from the broken vans, highend? :-)
Got any spare;-)?

Sure, sure.... I should have around 100pcs or more of good NiCads both "G" and "D".

And W835WAE was bought near Bath very long time ago (2 years I guess). Engine was broken, commutator was burnt.
Batteries - most were good, and controller was also OK. But overall this van was in poor condition, parked for a very long time (not as long as Gosport vans, but 2 years minimum I think).

Richard Elliott

Postby Richard Elliott » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:59 pm

The van seen in Lincs was probably one of the ones originally owned by Dudley Corporation - yellow with a blue roof. I bought one of them from a private owner in 2007 and still have it here in Devon. Mine's a bit long in the tooth now and does about 25 miles top whack before the Ecolight comes on. I was in contact with the owner of the Lincs one back in 2007. Better terrain that side of the country - some fearsome hills round here!
Richard Elliott

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”