Yet another Blingo problem

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Mr.Berlingo

Yet another Blingo problem

Postby Mr.Berlingo » Wed May 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Hello,
I have an old Berlingo which batteries has been replaced to lithium ones (178 V). It worked relatively fine for about 30 miles although many of the warning lights were lighting.

Now there has emerged an problem. When starting driving and pressing acceleration the car moves a foot and then a click sounds, "STOP"-light lights on dashboard and the car wouldn't move. Battery water light and electronic fault light are also lighting. Charging with the cars own charger has also been not possible in these situations.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I don't have any diagnostic tool. Do you think that the problem could be fixed by resetting the water filling and over charge counters with EvLite or ReLight2010?

Grumpy-b

Re: Yet another Blingo problem

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu May 22, 2014 7:30 pm

What are the cells, how many. How have you dealt with the battery temp sensor?

Grumpy-b

Mr.Berlingo

Postby Mr.Berlingo » Fri May 23, 2014 5:16 am

Cells are Kokams lithium ion 3,7 V 100 Ah cells and there is 48 of them. There is temperature sensonrs between the cells and these sensors are connected to BMS controlling the battery. BMS is not connected in anyway to the Blingos orginal system. I'm not sure what has been done to the orginal temp sensors.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri May 23, 2014 7:42 am

1. Original Battery temp sender circuit has to be complete.
2. The controller counts the power in and counts the power out of the cells. If you are using an external charger than its likely that its not counted the power in just the power out and is now heavily confused with the situation.
3.You cant do anything without accessing the controller to check hrs charge, errors etc. you need Peugeot planet, Citroen Lexia, Evlite etc.
4. What do you know about the installation. List it. All.

Grumpy-b

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sat May 24, 2014 11:27 am

Sounds interesting. Who did the lithium conversion? Where in the world are you?

My lithium Berlingo charges with the ignition and controller switched off, so it never sees the charge going in to the pack and I don't get the water light problem.

As Grumpy says, the water light can be reset with an evlite/Lexia diagnostic box.

I have put a fixed resistor across the old battery temp plug to fool the controller that the battery temp is in a good state. Like you, my BMS has its own temp monitoring and is unconnected with the Sagem controller.
Tim Crumpton

Mr.Berlingo

Postby Mr.Berlingo » Sun May 25, 2014 7:39 pm

The car has been a kind of students exercise EV. It's in Finland. I think I have emailed with you Tim about this car.

The car had no battery when I got to know with it, so I'm not exactly sure what has been done to the old system. New Li-battery is connected almost straight to the battery connectors of ECU-box. otherwise there is no major modifications that I know.

Battery had about 50 % charge (50 Ah) when it was installed. Then it had been driven and recharged with the Blingos orginal charger for about 30-40 Ah. Orginal Charger seems to go surprisingly hi voltages; >190 V is the highest we have charged.

I have to check the situation with the temp circuit. Where/how is it connected to the ECU? What would be suitable resistance?

I have to get some diagnostic box, but is there any way (fuse or something) to reset the system without it?

Edit: It seems like Lexia has nicer user interface than some other diagbox. Is it also possible to reset those waterfill and overcharge counters with Lexia?

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Wed May 28, 2014 11:32 am

Mr.Berlingo wrote:I have to check the situation with the temp circuit. Where/how is it connected to the ECU? What would be suitable resistance?
Edit: It seems like Lexia has nicer user interface than some other diagbox. Is it also possible to reset those waterfill and overcharge counters with Lexia?

Photos of top battery box temp sensor plug
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3347&p=24741&hilit=temp#p24741

Q2 - Yes, Lexia will let you reset counters. It is all a Citroen garage has. (Or more correctly, Evan designed the EvLite to do a very small number of the things the Lexia does, in order to keep it simple.)
Tim Crumpton

Mr.Berlingo

Postby Mr.Berlingo » Wed May 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Thanks for the tips. I think i found the temp sensor circuit, but so far the problem stays. What would be right resistance? I tried with 100...120 ohm resistors but then the car refused to move at all. When I tried ~5,6 kOhm resistor the car acted just like before, moved a foot and then stopped. All the warning lamps was like before.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed May 28, 2014 2:34 pm

I think its around 2.5k

Grumpy-b

Mr.Berlingo

Postby Mr.Berlingo » Fri May 30, 2014 3:50 pm

I have tried various resistors from 1.8k to 2.7k and nothing seems to work. I let you know if the Lexia can fix this car.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”