Pipe connector for Berlingo Electrique battery top up?

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
willfromsussex

Pipe connector for Berlingo Electrique battery top up?

Postby willfromsussex » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Wondering where to get a hose connector for the battery watering, they look a bit like a Hozelock fitting but smaller, and they appear to have a pin in which needs to be pushed in to open the valve (like a schrader valve) I've looked on here for at least an hour and have not been able to find this info. Does one simply unscrew the barb piece and attach a hose to the outside of the remaining part?

Thanks.

Flying John
Site Staff

Re: Pipe connector for Berlingo Electrique battery top up?

Postby Flying John » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Dont know whether you have this sorted but I never used the adaptor, I just unscrewed the end on the van, took out the spring and the bit of plastic and warmed up a bit of clear placcy tube and pushed it on the end. This was connected to an upturned plastic bottle with the distilled water in it hung from the bonnet catch and just screwed into each filler in-turn.

John

willfromsussex

Re: Pipe connector for Berlingo Electrique battery top up?

Postby willfromsussex » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:28 pm

THanks, by an amazing piece of luck, I just bought another one of these vans and it came with a pipe/funnel (looks like genuine tool) in the back!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”