How do I Maintenance charge? Anyone have instructions for EVLITE?

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
willfromsussex

How do I Maintenance charge? Anyone have instructions for EVLITE?

Postby willfromsussex » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:55 am

I am fortunate enough to have been able to buy an Evlite but was wondering if anyone had instructions for it as there don't seem to be any on line and I've not had any reply to emails I've sent Evan Tuer between November and now.

Thankyou.
Last edited by willfromsussex on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harry morris

Re: Instructions for EVLITE?

Postby harry morris » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Hello WILL, I have a couple of copies of evlite instrnuctions an essential piece of kit for the Blingos, send me a PM with your name address and postcode and I will post you a copy on Saturday, cheers Harry Morris.

willfromsussex

Postby willfromsussex » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:37 pm

ooh thanks Harry.
Were they ever in an electronic format? Its possible someone has that.

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:55 pm

Yes WILL, EVAN TUER sent me the manual via email but he has disappeared off the face of the earth with no replies whatsoever from his website and I have long lost the download, EVAN used to make the evlite it was his own design and he was the ultimate Guru on our Blingos and a fantastic repairer of our controllers he could answer Any querie or problem and we are lost without him, cheers Harry.

willfromsussex

Postby willfromsussex » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:11 pm

Strange, hope he is ok, has anyone tried to visit him?
Grumpy has said to just follow the instructions on the evlite screen , which I did, so it is now maintenance charging (from very flat) and is at about 60% at the moment. Perhaps someone can tell me what to expect with regards to how I know when it is finished, and how long that is liklely to take, as i understand I have to water it straight after so presumably it is critical to know exactly when it finishes (or does it keep them warmed up for many hours after it has finished?)

One thing I noticed is the radiator fan is on, while charging, i'm sure it isn't usually. Only ever heard the waterpump going.

willfromsussex

Re: How do I Maintenance charge? Anyone have instructions for EVLITE?

Postby willfromsussex » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:43 am

By the way after a couple of hours playing with the internet and finding out the french words for stuff and then googling them etc, I found this page (on the AX but virtually the same apart from the total number of batteries it seems)

Its in French
http://arnaud.meunier.chez-alice.fr/fr/ ... /batt.html

However with the marvels of google translate

https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... t=&act=url

Hope others find that helpful.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:11 am

You need to leave it at least 12 or 18 hrs after main full charge has been achieved. You have to then water before 72hrs after maint charge after that it shuts down.
After, charge , reset water. Often takes more than one go.

willfromsussex

Postby willfromsussex » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:35 am

Okay it has been on 16 hours. CHarge showing 100% (on dash and evlite) the figure next to this about 37 is this batt temp?
Am i right in saying it is now charging in 2 minute bursts every half hour and i need to water it just after it has done one of those bursts?
I unplug charger cable when I am watering? And I warm the water up to what 40+ degrees before adding it? Thanks
Last edited by willfromsussex on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Has to be 12 to 18 hrs after the main charge has been completed. On some the watering ligh goes on, others it does not. The periodic charge is to main tain the temp . yes 37c is temp. So main charge is completed, it does that after the pre set over charge.
Dont fuss about the pulsing, just disconnect and water, as long as its room temp and not freezing cold water, its not an issue. Ideally do the whole water in under 30 mins. I use 1ltr bottles filled from a 25ltr drum, and its then easy to see how many are discarded between boxes. Monitor how many litres goe into each battery box. Let it flow out of the overflow tube until it is a syeady stream. Its only water so not an issue .
Re set water.

willfromsussex

Postby willfromsussex » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Thankyou!

All done. Took 15.3 litres.
Last edited by willfromsussex on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”