Orange diode spark warning light. No traction.

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
sunandwindy

Orange diode spark warning light. No traction.

Postby sunandwindy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Be kind to me.

Citroen Berlingo e500 1998.

Come in for lunch after refitting battery boxes. No traction?

In the process of removal and refitting the battery boxes, lost some antifreeze not gone back out to check levels etc. yet. Anyway, all back together, tried to start it, but an orange warning light comes on with the diode and spark symbol. Does not 'start', forward reverse indicator work, but no traction.

Owners handbook say take it to a dealer, thanks.....

Some reports say ignore the indicator, yeah, but it ain't going anywhere.

Obviously I've had the traction battery box fuses out and removed the 12V battery.

Can someone guide me please?

Thanks in advance

sunandwindy

Re: Orange diode spark warning light. No traction.

Postby sunandwindy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:41 pm

Progress, not.

Found battery cooling antifreeze low, topped up, can see it flowing in radiator.

Did a reset by disconnecting 12v battery, then battery boxes, walked away for a while, reconnected 12v battery then battery boxes. Is this correct?

When I turn the key, get stop light, then to start, no clunk but the orange light comes on again. Now I don't get the dash indicators for forward or reverse.

What next?

sunandwindy

Postby sunandwindy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:45 pm

More progress not.

The orange light may have been attributed to a low voltage 12V battery as I've charged it for a while and the orange light no longer comes on.

Whilst the ignition is off, the circulation pump was still running. Now with some power in the 12V battery, when I switch the ignition on, the energy meter goes up to 95% and the eco meter goes to centre and the stop indicator comes on (as does the power steering pump, vac pump and circ pump) turn the key another click to start, no clunk. So switched it off, left it on charge and walked away for now.

Looking forward to some feedback.

sunandwindy

Postby sunandwindy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:05 pm

I left the charger on over night and tried again this afternoon.

Similar to above, put key in, turn one click, only the stop light comes on, next click to start, no clunks, but diode/spark light comes on. Turn off, try again, same.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm

If you have had the 12v battery off then you must disconnect the pack (use the fuse/barrette behind the 12v) re-install the 12v them put the rmoved fuse/ barrette back.

sunandwindy

Postby sunandwindy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply.

There are two large fuses for the battery pack/box behind the 12v battery. There are also two on the rear battery box just behind the bumper (not immediately) the with the middle battery box, there is one fuse on each end, just behind the sill.

So I just need to pull one fuse of the front battery box, then with the 12v battery still connected, refit the battery box fuse and hopefully away to go...?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:13 pm

You always have to disconnect a fuse or a Barrette , then remove the 12v. Put 12v back, then replace the fuse or barrette. Only one is required to break the high voltage circuit. So its easiest to do one behind the 12v battery.

sunandwindy

Postby sunandwindy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:37 pm

Okay,
Disconnected battery box fuse, the disconnected 12V battery. Left for several hours.
Reconnected 12V then battery box fuse.
Put key in, turn one click, only the stop light comes on, eco meter goes to centre and energy meter goes up to 95%, next click to start, no clunks, but diode/spark light comes on. Turn off, try again, same.
I can hear circulation pump and power steering running when switched on.

I didn't do all the work under the van, so no idea if there are any small plugs that may have come dislodged as I see there is one on the front nearside corner of the front battery box (on another forum, someone said they disconnected this to stop the orange light coming on, van still ran).

I took the lid off the inverter and expected to find voltages from each battery box, but nothing seemed logical.

Assuming the large cables are numbered left to right, 1 2 3 etc. What should I expect please?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:06 pm

All the packs are connected together as a single string coming together as a single +ve and -ve.
There is only one extra cable its on the front top battery box, drops out of the box downwards (passenger side of the box near the front) its important as its the only temp sensor.
Looking at the control box, your right,not car right, big two are main motor cables, centre two are the battery pack and should show the pack voltage. The other two are a direct battery connection to the power inlet socket that were used in France for direct pack DC charging.
Back right are the Live Neutral and earth, the two inboard of that are the leads to the sepex coils.
The cables at the front are the 12v (ish) feed out from the DC to DC and feed into the controller from the 12v battery. Works both ways.

sunandwindy

Postby sunandwindy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:34 pm

H Jeremy, I've been out and taken some measurements.

Left to right as I look at the terminal box
1 and 2 = 176.0V
3 and 4 = 177.7V
5 and 6 = point something.
12V battery = 12.9V

I have an EVLITE that gave a single fault code of B1 (To be fair I'm not really sure what I'm doing with this unit).

Any pointers appreciated please?

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”