Got another Electrique, some questions to other owners please

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
willfromsussex

Got another Electrique, some questions to other owners please

Postby willfromsussex » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:46 pm

Just got another Electrique, a 2002. It is not working . Sometimes it does sort of make an effort to charge, voltage gradually creeps up to 180 something, yet pumps not running, % gauge not moving, charge lamp not illuminated, and the hazzard lights don't come on when you connect the power.
When i unplug, turn on the ignition, the % gauge goes to 45 (I think it is lying) and even with some power in the battery the contactor won't engage.
Any ideas?

Also there was a link missing from the under-dash fuse box, (as it would seem from looking in the handbook) so i connected this wire across. Now the interior lamp works, which didn't before so hopefully that's correct, maybe someone can confirm.
silv2.jpg
silv2.jpg (134.38 KiB) Viewed 19192 times

Also can anyone tell me if there are any relays missing here
silv3.jpg
silv3.jpg (67.95 KiB) Viewed 19192 times

or anything missing from this underbonnet box
silv1.jpg
silv1.jpg (118.21 KiB) Viewed 19192 times

Thankyou

Ian432

Re: Got another Electrique, some questions to other owners please

Postby Ian432 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:17 pm

Glad to see folk finding these and having fun. When I get home, I'll have a look at fuses and relays

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Can't work out how to post pictures

Under inner looks same as mine.

Definitely 2relay thingies missing in the other one

willfromsussex

Postby willfromsussex » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks Berlingolian, is yours an early or late model? (late ones seem to have more stuff, heated door mirrors, electric windows etc) There's a tab under where you type called Attachments, you can attach pics from your computer.

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Later model, 05, with all the executive features, lol

Ah, doing everything on a ,so called, smartphone. I'll fire up the laptop and have a go again.....

Page 1

Postby Page 1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi all,

I have a Berlingo 2001 e500 .

Anyone know if it's possible to quick charge an e500 or PSA from type 1 or type 2 connection ? i.e. ADSA , POLAR, CHRGEMASTER ETC.

Cheers.

Page 1

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:00 pm

As with all vehicles, the charger is built into the vehicle. So it makes no difference what the Charge outlet is, it wont charge any faster.
Yes you can plug a Berlingo into any Type 2 Charge outlet, (but not one with a flying lead) with an adptor. I do make one suitable for them.
It is possible to put a Type 2 (Or even a Type1 ) inlet into an ELectrique, But Im not sure its really any value for money as it wont make any difference to the charge rate.

Its such a shame that Charge outlets (They are just a mains outlet with some additional handshake to the car capoabilities), are called chargers, that leads many people to think they can cahrge faster by using a higher capacity mains supply. Sorry but its the charger thats built into the vehicle that limits that.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”