Gearbox/diff problem?

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Ian432

Gearbox/diff problem?

Postby Ian432 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Hello everyone!
After several years of thinking about it, I'm determined to sort out the knocking/lack of drive.
I'm convinced that there has been a sudden mechanical failure, collapsed bearing maybe, but without x-ray vision it's only a guess

Electric side all good, I think.

With wheels off ground, the driver's side struggles to turn with over a dozen distinct knocks/judders per Revolution.

Any ideas before I rip it apart?

Grumpy-b

Re: Gearbox/diff problem?

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:30 am

Sounds bad, but if only one side is doing this check what is turning on the gearbox outoput rather than the wheel, it may just be a failed driveshaft. Otherwise its a motor out job. and probably lots of work.

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:39 am

Yes, either way it's driveshaft out first with fingers crossed...... determined to have it on the road again.....

willfromsussex

Postby willfromsussex » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:06 am

How many miles has it done? I expect a transmission is one of the easier things to find for this vehicle.

berlingoian

Postby berlingoian » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:53 pm

22000ish

Stalled at the first hurdle, can't find ball joint splitter or the 3foot crowbar......
It's a process....and breathe.....

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Just disconnect the bottom arm. Its clamped onto the strut so no splitting needed, undo the lower clamp, open the joint take the ball joint out downwards. Or undo the inner mounts and swing the whole arm out. Big nut in the middle on the driveshaft is a bastard though. Go for the two man approach. Someone sitting with the foot on the brakes while you jump up and down on the lever, we use a 3/4 " socket as I have bent too many 1/2" levers.
When you put it back together dont forget to dimple the nut back into the slot on the driveshaft end.

Page 1

Postby Page 1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:47 am

Hi all,

I Have recently purchased a 2001 Berlingo electrique ( eBay £1400 June 2017 ) and all is going well with just one breakdown due to motor brushes needing replacement which I have sorted out at a cost of £50 which was ok. The brushes had pretty much disintegrated which had caused some sort of short which left me stranded , luckily only about 1 mile from home so a quick tow sorted it .
I am currently achieving about 20 miles on a charge and then the vehicle goes into reserve / limited power mode at about 45% battery remaining and also sometimes it will charge to 100% and other times it will only charge to about 85% .
I am thinking that I need to do a service charge and or battery balancing process but I have little idea how to do this and am looking for advice or a link with the info , I have a EV-LITE thingy which I think is needed for the job.

Cheers.

Page 1.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 am

You need to do the maintenance charge and watering. WIth that done , and at least one extra charge after you can see just how poor the pack is.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”