Motor not engaging Energy meter not reading

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
kof

Motor not engaging Energy meter not reading

Postby kof » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi folks, I am looking for help with my Berlingo Electrique - I don't know if these 2 problems are related.

For a while now the Energy meter has malfunctioned - turn the key it gives a slight movement in the dial- then reads zero; turn key off then on again then it would give me the reading and has been pretty accurate. I had not been using the EV for a few months so I had to fit a new 12V last week end to enable charging- following that there has been no response at all from the energy meter.

This morning I was power washing the EV - had the bonnet up as I was 'deep cleaning'. Following my work the motor is not engaging ie no 'clunk' sound after turning the key. The EVlite just gives a message "RESTART' but will not scroll through the other options on the EV Lite.

It's been a very warm day here today, so left the Bonnet open hoping that if any water got anywhere it shouldn't have it might dry out - however still no joy!!

Any opinions on the problems would be very welcome

Flying John
Site Staff

Re: Motor not engaging Energy meter not reading

Postby Flying John » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Sounds like you may have the dreaded green gunge growing on the pins of the multiway connector(s) in the engine bay. From memory if you open the bonnet and look down the right side - as you are facing into engine bay - there will be large round black multiway connector, Unscrew it and open it up and shine a light in to the ends (might need a dentists mirror) and see how clean the pins and sockets are. A bit of electrical contact cleaner and some patience to clean it all up bright and shiny.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”