Berlingo alloys

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:58 pm

Hi Peter, because most alloy wheels are purely cosmetic. As for them being an advantage on a truck............ What exactly does the truck carry and doesn't the fact that it's built to carry things kind of negate the whole argument about saving weight by a few grammes on each of the wheels?

My cars are 370kg and 600kg all up weight. How much does the truck weigh? I've had both steel and Alloy on the 370kg car and it's made no difference what so ever except for the extra street cred from the bling bling boys. Now if you were to talk about the use of hub motors in a sports car I'd be agreeing with you but then look at the Lightening which has them in all four wheels. Personally I think that most certainly will be detrimental to the performance of the car but the manufacturers are not concerned by them.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:15 pm

A few years ago I used too have a Range Rover with a Isuzu diesel engine. The best economy mod I ever did was to fit a full set of anti roll bars. In stead of constantly having to come off the gas for corners to allow it to wallow precariously, one could take corners with ease and not back off. Not backing off means not having to accelerate back up again.

I am quite impressed with the berlingo, but getting used to safe cornering speeds takes some time. I guess the main advantage with the Berlingo is the very low centre of gravity.

I would put a pic of mine with the 205 wheels , but I cant work out how to. Help !

Grumpy-b[/img]

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:54 pm

Grumpy-b wrote:
I would put a pic of mine with the 205 wheels , but I cant work out how to. Help !

Grumpy-b

Drop me a PM or E-mail with details of the pic or the file by e-mail and I'll host it for you and then insert it in your post for you :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”