BVS Electrathon, Mansfield, Nottingham, 160808

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
ex925

BVS Electrathon, Mansfield, Nottingham, 160808

Postby ex925 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:58 am

Having enjoyed Sparkford 08, I'm scheming to get to Mansfield. It would be great to know who else is planning, or at least contemplating, taking part. I live near Plymouth, Devon. Mansfield, Nottingham is 229miles, according to Google Maps, from here.

Right now, my options seem to be:-
Meet up with others heading the same way, to cut costs, OR
Lash my little TWEV to the back of my 500 scooter, OR
Try to use my pensioner's pass to travel by coach, for free (!?)

Darren Scott has said there will be camping facilities at Mansfield, and that as soon as he has spoken with the track people, he will put details on the web. I'm looking forward to this.............

All the best, from Ed. in Plymouth.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Event Details

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:13 pm

Right, Darren has asked me to post some details here, so here they are:

People are welcome at the track from Friday 15th August through to Sunday 17th, and there is an area of land that people can camp on next to the track. It looks set to be a really fun weekend! :-)

Be aware that there will be no on-site toilet access after the owner has closed his workshop each day, however I am told that there is a garage nearby with a public toilet, and also a nearby pub, so I am sure people can manage ;-)

I have a photo of the track which I will get up on the main website, but it looks to be a rather good track for us.

And on the Saturday night there will be a barbecue. The organisers are getting the food in for this, but you'll only get food if they know IN ADVANCE that you are coming, so you do need to comment here to say you are coming!

It would also be really useful to know in advance what vehicle(s) you are bringing, so PLEASE please comment here to say not only that you are coming, but when you are coming, and what electric vehicles you are bringing. This will assist in working out a plan for the best use of the track on Saturday and Sunday daytime.

Any queries, please phone Darren on 01522 806 049.

The address of the event is:
Mills Extreme Vehicles Ltd, Ratcher Hill Quarry, Southwell Road, Mansfield, Notts, NG18 4GE

Many thanks of course go to Darren Scott for organising the event, and Stuart Mills for allowing the society use of his facilities.

Finally, as I have said, it is very important that you comment here to say, if you are coming, when you will be there, and what electric vehicles you are bringing.

Mary.

ps I am now offline until the 10th August. But I believe Darren will be keeping an eye on the forum to deal with any queries that may arise in the meantime.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

stuart mills

Postby stuart mills » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:12 pm

CANCELLATION OF THE MANSFIELD ELECTROTHON.
Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we have to cancel the event that was to be held at my Mansfield track. Please inform any one who you have spoken to about this so people dont waste a journey.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 pm

Is anyone going to fill us in with why this event was cancelled at the last minute ????

Just seems a bit odd and a shame

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

ex925

Very sorry to read that Mansfield Electrathon is cancelled

Postby ex925 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:02 pm

I just got back online after 2 weeks. I immediately switched to BVS, Events. I had been looking forward to trying out a MkII (lower, lighter) version of the "Junkyard Dog" at the Mansfield BVS Electrathon.

While I'm disappointed that the event has been cancelled, I feel sure that Stuart would not do so without an overpowering reason. I send my commiseration regarding whatever forced the cancellation, and my best wishes for the future.

All the best, from Ed. Gordon in Plymouth.

Return to “Events”