New BVS (South) ?

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.

Shall we have a BVS (South) group ?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Yes
100%
Yes (depends on location)
No votes
Undecided
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 4

arsharpe

New BVS (South) ?

Postby arsharpe » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi,

It seems there are a number of us in the South.

Shall we create a 'South' group ?

Let us know via the Poll above.

If you are interested please add a reply with your location (so that we can meet at a central location) and if you would be prepared lead it.

---
Yes - Basingstoke

qdos

Re: New BVS (South) ?

Postby qdos » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:15 pm

arsharpe wrote:Hi,

It seems there are a number of us in the South.

Shall we create a 'South' group ?

Let us know via the Poll above.

If people would simply call me I'm already on the case! Jeez what is it with you guys it's almost as bad as speaking with a group of Biochemists trying to get people to speak to one another. Call me on 01258 837023 and I'll arrange a get together at the most mutually beneficial place

As my brother says (and he's a biochemist! LOL) "Snooze you lose"

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:25 pm

Sounds good , I think the main problem for me is sheer time factor, hence why I currently havent given you a call :roll:

I flit from thing to thing at 100mph :roll: and have generally 100 things going on at once :oops:

Most of today ( after getting over a small amount of real ale ) has been cutting the lawn, gardening, trying to fix my laptop which decided to kill its harddrive :cry: chatting to Terry who popped past this afternoon and giving him a demo in the bingo, posting on here, attempting to tidy the place up etc etc :cry:

Why cant I have a simple life :roll: ...........ah cos it be boring :twisted:

Anyhow thats a YES from me and I'm Portsmouth but anywhere within a 25-30 mile radius is good for me Van 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:06 pm

I think perhaps there are two different groups here (maybe?)

There seems to be a need for a south group (Gatwick/south of London/M4 corridor to basingstoke and Woking area (for example) and another group perhaps heading towards Dorchester, Bournemouth, Southampton?

I think there actually may be interest for two different groups. You never know, you may even get people going to both!!!
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:19 pm

Here's a BVS event for us in the South to take part in.

Ok I was speaking with John Lilly today and amongst various things we were chatting about was the Electrathon at the end of the month. This will be at the Haynes Motor Museum where we have the use of their track to run any of our vehicles be they road or non road vehicles. yes that's right you can take your vehicle on a track!!!

We will be in need of some support folk for the various activities which are planned so anyone is very much encouraged to come along. You don't need to bring an EV, although obviously the more there are there the more fun will be had. So any of you who fancy a good excuse for a genuine get together at a very good venue where you can even make use of a road track and have some fun, now is your chance!

So get intouch and I'll take your contact details and let you know what's happening. 01258 837023 I would like this to be one of a number of events and get togethers for any EV owner, builder or enthusiast so let me hear you ringing in and I'll get some things happening.

Return to “Events”