First tentative steps

General BVS related area
ratchet

First tentative steps

Postby ratchet » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:30 am

Hi All,

I've just joined and am a complete novice to electric / battery power having always tinkered with petrol engined vehicles in the past.

Could anybody suggest some good reading material starting with the most basic of concepts covering general electrical stuff / batteries / motors etc.

All suggestions appreciated.

Ta

Stu

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:04 am

Well the forum's a good starting point Also the magazine if you are a member. And you could pop along to some of the regional meets too. There's ocassionally something on in Basingstoke if you're in the Crowthorne I'm thinking of

Tom Thomson

first steps

Postby Tom Thomson » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Stu
In the colonies (New Hampshire) is a company called Electric Vehicles of America run by a Bob Batson. I don't know if he deals internationally, but he puts out a 1/2" (12.7 mm) thick sheaf of information. www.EV-America.com
Good Luck tommyt

ratchet

Postby ratchet » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:22 pm

qdos wrote:Well the forum's a good starting point Also the magazine if you are a member. And you could pop along to some of the regional meets too. There's ocassionally something on in Basingstoke if you're in the Crowthorne I'm thinking of

That very same Crowthorne.... I've also visited Milestones in Basingstoke which I've seen mentioned in a couple of posts.

Tommyt Thanks for the info, I'll try to make contact.

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:38 pm

ratchet wrote: I've also visited Milestones in Basingstoke which I've seen mentioned in a couple of posts.

Ther's a greenpower event on at Goodwood this comming weekend and there's a few of us going along to that along with a small display of sorts I believe. Bit far but if you have children growing up who you'd like to see get their hands on building and racing an EV it's a super event to see. I think it's the Finals

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:43 pm

qdos wrote:
ratchet wrote: I've also visited Milestones in Basingstoke which I've seen mentioned in a couple of posts.

Ther's a greenpower event on at Goodwood this comming weekend and there's a few of us going along to that along with a small display of sorts I believe. Bit far but if you have children growing up who you'd like to see get their hands on building and racing an EV it's a super event to see. I think it's the Finals

Just got a e-mail from Terry whos organising it asking me to put it on the Events forum.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “General”