Lithium Golf Trolley Batteries

General BVS related area
astra

Lithium Golf Trolley Batteries

Postby astra » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:12 pm

Can anyone recommend any Lithium Batteries for Golf Trollies not sit on but the ones that carry a bag and clubs

MB

Postby MB » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:12 pm

The best lead acid gel batteries I've come across are Panasonic batteries: they are ultra reliable and last well. When I used to sell electric bikes, I always used Panasonic batteries to replace tired cells and I never had a failure amongst almost 1,000 cells. The coped well with the cold, the heat and pretty much every installation.

Highly recommended.
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:16 pm

I'd suspect a set of Ping cells would be ideal for a golf trolly ??

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

MB

Postby MB » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:38 pm

Sorry - I misread the title of this. I thought Astra was asking for lead acid batteries, not lithiums. :oops:

I don't know much about the power requirements of an electric golf caddy. I'd be tempted to buy a batch of the lithium cells that appear wholesale on eBay from time to time...
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:16 pm

:lol: Wasnt sure about your post but it kinda made sence and was ultimately useful Mike :wink:

Doubt a golf caddy would pull much juice really so Li-po I suspect would give it great range and make it far lighter 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “General”