Is This Forum Dying?

General BVS related area
retepsnikrep

Is This Forum Dying?

Postby retepsnikrep » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:43 am

Is it only me, or is there very little happening/activity on here at the moment.

Is it just the time of year or indicative of something more serious?

I know a lot of us are active on many forums but something feels wrong?

Peter
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:36 am

I tend to agree Peter but thought it best I didn't mention it as I'm not the most popular person in the Society so I tend not to say much these days. Instead I'm just busy building real machines and things.

Motivation eh?

Read Nikki's posting here which is curious as to it's timing. She's not alone

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:57 am

Nah just the way these things go from time to time.

Being envolved with several other forums of limited attraction it does tend to go in waves.

You think its quiet now, wait till the clocks go forward and everyones back outside tinkering :wink:

Folks come folks go :wink: TBH for such a small number of members it amazes me the amount of traffic and posts we do get.
It will get more interesting once areas get more restricted to paid up members only and we'll be able to discuss and pass about all that info thats "hush hush " :lol:

Also since the fuel prices have dropped off considerabley all the folks who suddenly thought "hey I'll build a cheap electric car" will have gone back to the oil burners I suspect :lol:

So nothing to worry about in my book 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:53 am

Can't help but think that Mebers Only area is actually going to have the opposite effect Chris. Sorry :(

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:46 pm

qdos wrote:Can't help but think that Mebers Only area is actually going to have the opposite effect Chris. Sorry :(

We're a club.....not a charity :wink:

I know and subscribe to a couple of other forums who have paid sections and talking to the folks there the admin recon they got more money in the bank when they turned part of the forum into a members only section than when it was a free for all.

Wasnt like it was all of it, just key sections for "The members" :wink:

At the end of the day theres plenty of freebie places folks can go to if they so wish, thats the great thing with the interweb theres a huge choice out there for everyone 8)

ChrisB

dargles

Postby dargles » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 pm

ChrisB wrote:We're a club.....not a charity :wink:
ChrisB

[whispers quietly...] um... I know I'm a bit of a leech, and I haven't had the courage to commit and go for EV propulsion... yet... but I don't know where else one would go to think through such things. What would happen to guys like me who might be on the margins, but want to think through the issues relating to going electric?

Actually, You guys have a lot to be proud of. Speaking as an outsider - well, sort of, if I still count as an outsider, after ages coming and going on the forum - it is very clear to me that you are THE club for anyone who wants to know about battery vehicles, and have been for a long time. You have serious expertise amongst your members, and a real interest in seeing electric propulsion becoming a practical proposition on a large scale. And I don't see the Bristol group, or the rise of the Southern area meetings as anything other than thoroughly positive - folk who are committed to providing support and practical encouragement to like-minded EVers. Let the politics sort itself out, and just hang on in there sharing your passion for EVs - that's what matters.

I don't know if I've said that quite how I meant it to come out, but I really wanted to say... um... I guess... thanks for being there folks! It really is appreciated.
Regards, David

dargles

PS...

Postby dargles » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:34 pm

BTW, if you think this forum's quiet, you'd be stunned by another forum I'm a member of. We're averaging one post a month at the moment - it's embarrassing. You get a new member join up, ask for advice, and if you're not careful, a month later, no-one's answered!
- David

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Thank you David, dont forget to pop along to the next southcoast meet (see the events section) and lets see if we can persuade you to join up :wink:

For all the little whoopsies that go on (every club has them normally) the BVS is a pretty good place to info on EV's 8)

And as you say this place is positively buzzing compared to other places :wink:

ChrisB

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:02 pm

dargles wrote:.. thanks for being there folks! It really is appreciated.
Regards, David

Thanks for saying that, David. Owning an EV isn't a prerequisite to being an active participant here or in the Society. If you have a thought in your head, speak up!
Tim Crumpton

geekygrilli

Postby geekygrilli » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:22 pm

Shame we don't have a tumble-weed emoticons!

Whats happened to Paul (EV guru) and Dave (electricvehicles)? They were such helpful chaps on the technical front, is a shame they're not about anymore.

Return to “General”