An Insight into a Honda Insight.

Own a hybrid? Don't feel left out; heres a little corner just for you.
qdos

Postby qdos » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:19 am

retepsnikrep wrote:Trucks can def help you on motorways if you are prepared to stick at 56mph with them, I am. You don't need or want to be right up it's Ar*e, a safe distance back and you can still get quite a benefit especially if you would have been battling a headwind without them.

ChrisB wrote:Must admit I use this trick in the Berlingo when on the motorway, quite often if I can get sucked into a lorrys tail wind I can do the same 15mile run all on the motorway but only use 5% of my energy, compared to no lorry assistance when it uses 15-18% 8)

LOL so all these folk queueing up behind the lorries are all BVS members !!!!

I have to say that once I saw how much it improved my mpg I was looking at all the trucks and vans for a tow. Only they all seemed to have someone dangerously close behind them all. I can see there being a pile up with this kind of thing going on so much but hell 20mpg improvement :shock: So if any of you guys try it MAKE SURE IT'S SAFE!

Space Panda

Postby Space Panda » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:11 pm

I am reluctantly forced to sell my beloved Honda Insight due to starting a family. I’ve owned this amazing car for over 2 years and never had a moments trouble with it. It’s the metallic green coloured 2 door sports coupe and is the most aerodynamic production car ever and also the worlds most economical production car.

It’s done just 49k miles, which is exceptional for the age, and although it has a couple of small cosmetic marks is in immaculate condition throughout and has a full Honda Dealer Service History (inc receipts). The asking price is £6950 ono

It qualifies for free road tax (CO2 < 64g/km) and can easily get 85mpg on motorway journeys. I’ve done most of my driving around town on short trips and have averaged 64mpg.

It still has cold air conditioning and I last year fitted a Pioneer iPod Control CD Player. It has Original Honda Accessories such as floor mats and rear section carry bag. It also comes with Electric door mirrors, Driver and Passenger airbag, Front electric windows, Body coloured bumpers, ABS, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Immobiliser, Space saver spare wheel, Rear wiper.

We’ve taken it away for weekends with two people, luggage, shopping and a medium sized dog and it comes into it’s own.

Please contact me on 07974 160 120 if you would like more information or to see the car. I’m sure that the first person to see it will buy it!

For more information see www.InsightCentral.net or see the car listed on Autotrader.co.uk

ImageImageImage

retepsnikrep

UK Rally MK1 Insight CVT in Action

Postby retepsnikrep » Wed May 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

unclebob

Re: An Insight into a Honda Insight.

Postby unclebob » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:26 pm

hello, been reading your posts about the insight as im looking to buy one but am worried about the cost of the replacement battery pack. can these packs be repaired in the uk? also theres some sort of computer upgrade that needs to be done on pre 2003 models right? which is also quite expensive. the car im looking at is a 2001 insight with 45000 miles on it, what should i be paying for it and what should i be looking out for? any advice would be appreciated. thanks

retepsnikrep

Re: An Insight into a Honda Insight.

Postby retepsnikrep » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:58 am

Get yourself over to Insightcentral.net for all the answers.

Yes i do battery repairs in the UK have a look at my website. www.150mpg.co.uk

The computer upgrade for the batteries is irrelevant so ignore that.
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

Return to “Hybrid's Corner”