Southern Area : Sunday 17th Oct : Green Power Finals

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
ChrisB

Southern Area : Sunday 17th Oct : Green Power Finals

Postby ChrisB » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Well that time has come again, tis the green power finals again, wow that came round quick again !!!!

Some further details here http://www.greenpower.co.uk/about/index.php

Had a good turn out last year and its great to see the young ones doing so well.

As per normal it will be at Goodwood PO18 0PH , last year if you had an EV we had the chance to drive it round the track. cant say you will this year but hey you wont know if you dont bring one :wink:

So if you want to come along follow the link and give TerryH a shout. terryh(AT)jerseymail.co.uk" (replace (AT) with the @ sign)

This year I'll be bringing along the Citroen EV'ei which I reported on here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2721
So if you'd like to see it in the flesh then do come along, as per normal I'll be bringing my Van, couple of electric bikes, my new (to me ) EVT4000e scooter to name but a few goodies

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Kevin Sharpe

Re: Southern Area : Sunday 17th Oct : Green Power Finals

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Thanks.... do you know whether recharging will be available at the site if I bring my Tesla?
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Sadly I have to report that in past years there has been no official charging available, which is crazy I know :roll:

However the pits area (we are normally very close too) does have a lot of 13A sockets BUT this area is used a lot by the competitors and thus access can be somewhat tricky and theres lots going on in it, however I and a few others have been known to sneak in there later in the day when its a little quieter and "borrow" a few kiliowatts :wink:

I've even stuck my 6.5kva genny in the back of the van before now, but its not great having the smelly noisey thing chundering away in the background for hours and hours :roll: even if it is running on Tescos finest chip oil :lol:

It might be best if you give TerryH a shout as he is the organiser for this event and is better placed to say if we have any charging this year or not, or if charging can be made available, I'll PM his phone number to you later on as I havent got it with me currently.

It would be great to see you and see the car and as mentioned before you "may" be able to take it out for a lap of the track 8) , we have done in past years, however I must add that this is a "controlled" lap and not a "racing" lap :wink:

ChrisB

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Many thanks.... I emailed TerryH earlier today to see if he can help... I can't wait until we have "Charge Points Everywhere" so that we don't even have to think about this issue :wink:
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:15 pm

Just sent you a PM with Terrys landline number :wink:

Yep charge points everywhere will be great 8)

ChrisB

baci

Postby baci » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:01 am

Hello,

Is anyone going to the Finals from London? Perhaps we could go down together? I am a complete newbie based in London...

Thanks,
Adéna

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Wow what a lovely day we had, well done to TerryH for securing a new area for us WITH charging 8) even though it appeared to trip out halfway through the morning, which I dont think we were the cause, although it might have contributed to it :oops:

Great to meet Kevin and the Tesla, it really is a nice car, and I recon quite coo for the day, many thanks Kevin for taking the time to bring it, just a shame I cant aford one :lol: maybe one day eh :lol:

Also great to meet all the regulars as well 8) it was dam chilly first thing but in the sun it was surprisingly warm, just the wind was a bit brisk.

We had a fair spread of vehicles, best turn out I've seen with about 12 on show, sadly we were not able to take any for a spin round the track this year which was a great shame and we could do with fixing this issue for next year, even if its just a case we trundle them up and down the main straight in front of the spectator stands, something to work on me thinks :wink:

Of course the schools and colleges taking part were the main event and there were over 80 of those :shock: with some really lovely machines.

Right picture time I think........

Some of the many many many entrants

There we are , theres loads more but I think that gives you the jist, a lovely day and one I think we all enjoyed 8) if anyone wants them in their full res give me a shout and I'll e-mail any specific pics in their full glory.

Roll on next year, there was rumblings of an Goodwood Electrothon :shock: ........but I dont think we'd be able to afford the track time :cry: but hey what a thought 8)

ChrisB

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:47 am

What a fantastic day.... it was great to meet the BVS members and talk future 'strategy'. Lots of very exciting projects and I look forward to an even larger event next year.

I would like to say a special thanks to everyone who helped make it possible for me to attend the event.... the 32A commando socket at the 'stand' allowed me to travel 300 EV miles yesterday!

Return to “Events”