New to EV motorbikes

An area for all you bikers who now run your two wheeler on battery power, scooter owners to.
Fat-tony71

Re: New to EV motorbikes

Postby Fat-tony71 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:56 am

I do remember you pointing me in their direction, But true to form I got distracted by Coffee and Donuts! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . I'm gonna look at all the info I printed off from their site later, Looks like I could be buying British!

Fat-tony71

Postby Fat-tony71 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:55 am

Just noticed a Lynch motor for sale in the BVS mag, The seller is Frank Wykes. Does anyone know if hes on the forum, And if this motor would be an option for me?. Started my cardboard mock up of the Lemco unit to look at mounting points. Its all looking a bit Blue Peter in my garage!

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:10 pm

I had a few "Blue Peter" moments, too, as I also mocked up most of the parts in cardboard and then struggled to see how I could fit them in the space available within the frame. I think this process is really the true meaning of CAD: "Cardboard Aided Design".

I still have some home-made cardboard and polystyrene foam mock-up Headway battery packs in the garage, as I made up around 4 or 5 different sized packs to see how I could get them to fit neatly. Luckily the new motor and battery I'm probably going to use will be a heck of a lot smaller and hopefully give fewer headaches when it comes to finding space to fit them.

Jeremy

Fat-tony71

Postby Fat-tony71 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:23 pm

"cardboard aided design" you really need to patent that before anyone else! I'm gonna give the fella with the lynch a call later, just to see if he still has it and what type it is.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Fat-tony71 wrote:Just noticed a Lynch motor for sale in the BVS mag, The seller is Frank Wykes. Does anyone know if hes on the forum, And if this motor would be an option for me?. Started my cardboard mock up of the Lemco unit to look at mounting points. Its all looking a bit Blue Peter in my garage!

Not to my knowledge

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Fat-tony71

Postby Fat-tony71 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Cheers Chris, need to get 5 mins to call him! Could save myself some cash.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Fat-tony71 wrote:Just noticed a Lynch motor for sale in the BVS mag, The seller is Frank Wykes. Does anyone know if hes on the forum, And if this motor would be an option for me?

Frank Wykes is vice-chairman of the Society and very experienced in electric vehicles (and non-electric vehicles, being a former employee of MIRA) but not computer-literate, so I don't think you will see him on this forum or be able to contact him by email. Telephone works well though. He's not too far from you either, in Market Bosworth.

HTH
Tim Crumpton

Fat-tony71

Postby Fat-tony71 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Cheers Tim,

I will give him a call when I get 5 mins peace!. Handy being close by. :P

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Just wondering if you've had a look at this site?
http://www.mavizen.com/

Fat-tony71

Postby Fat-tony71 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Just had a look on their site, Bugger me thats some gear they have!. Could go mental if I had the funds.

Return to “Electric Motor Bikes”