Berlingo Brake light modification

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Night Train

Re: Berlingo Brake light modification

Postby Night Train » Wed May 26, 2010 11:51 pm

Not read the whole thread so sorry if this has been mentioned.

I would have thought that the ideal solution is to have no regen if feet are off the pedals. Then you can pulse and glide.

Then have a switch on the brake pedal that activates the brake lights and the regen when then pedal is pressed for, say, the first fraction of it's movement, like taking up the slack. Then any further pressure activates the hydraulic braking circuit as normal.

When cars had mecanical brake light switches I used to set mine so that 'taking up the slack' in the pedal activated the lights. It made sense to me to be able to let the car behind know that I was engine braking and covering the brake pedal due to observing a potential hazard ahead.

Unfortunately, in my modern car the hydraulic switch works the wrong way. I can get a small amount of braking before the lights come on.

tipidave1

Postby tipidave1 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:25 pm

My solution is to everso gently press the brake pedal. The light comes on and judging by the readout from the evlite, the extra braking effect is actually from an increase in regen current rather than the friction of the pads. The current goe from a -ve 20amps or so right up to around 70! and although I cannot be certain that the brake light is on I reckon it is. The software must have an input to increase the regen when brake is pressed. I wonder if this could be an adaptable parameter if you want it to come on with a lesser amount of regen.
Cheers
Dave

boelle

Postby boelle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:16 pm

did simon ever publish info on how he made his mod and ultra eco mode?
Help me build a big local network: http://gogetfunding.com/project/big-local-network
Best Pizza In Town: www.pizzaløg.dk

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Not to my knowledge :?

Rob Sharpe advertised a berlingo for sale not so long ago with has some sort of "eco" mode fitted to it so it might be worth asking him

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

boelle

Postby boelle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:54 pm

do he go under that username here?
Help me build a big local network: http://gogetfunding.com/project/big-local-network

boelle

Postby boelle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:59 pm

in any case i have an idea for ultra eco.... read the eco meter and when it goes above 0 towards orange use a picaxe pic to "reduce" the pot meter value... reading is easy enough... but giving a varying resistance value is a bit over my head... but inputs are welcome....

for breake light.... is there a place that regen can be read... other than via evlite?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:12 pm

boelle wrote:do he go under that username here?

This is the advert for his one viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3103

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

boelle

Postby boelle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:22 pm

send him a PM... only need the schematic so that i can build something... but prebuilt would be nice

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:12 pm

My modification only limits accelerator input to protect batt and motor from unnecessary heating.

boelle

Postby boelle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:16 pm

could the same not be used to limit input when eco meter is going over a set limit?

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”