Maximite Master

Threads relating to the BMS system begun by Peter Perkins

Moderators: GregsGarage, retepsnikrep

isaac_alaska1

Re: Maximite Master

Postby isaac_alaska1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Very interesting Greg! Have you had any luck with interfacing it with the slave boards yet? I'm still tinkering with setting up the master unit i have, i haven't gotten the SV2000 chip yet. This looks like it might be a better choice than using the V2.0 master that i have though.

GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:07 am

I have just made an adapter that allows me to plug in the 26 way cable from the MM to the breadboard mounted in my enclosure. Next week I hope to have time to make a simple interface to the slaves and see if it works.
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz
http://www.evalbum.com/4191

retepsnikrep

Postby retepsnikrep » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:55 pm

I would def hang on for the maximite version Issac it looks like the way to go as it's very flexible.

The ability to have seperate charge / drive / config programs etc is very handy and gives masses of program space.
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

isaac_alaska1

Postby isaac_alaska1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:13 pm

sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to add an extra temp sensor on the battery pack and have the maximite monitor it and keep a relay closed as long as the temp is reasonable. I'm not sure how many of the I/O ports are already used and i don't remember if the slaves do temp monitoring, but we're supposed to have a temperature controlled relay in series with the circuit that closes the high voltage contactor. Looks like i'll be ordering a MM real soon :)

GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:37 pm

isaac_alaska1 wrote:...Looks like i'll be ordering a MM real soon :)

I like the SM1 that I ordered, but it looks like that version will be obsoleted quite soon. See this post from Dontronics owner who stocks the SM1. http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4179&PN=1 Work is underway by a company in Bulgaria (I think), Olimex, on a version called the DuinoMite. This will be able to use some Arduino shields and has some other features such as hardware UART as well as the MM bit banged serial ports. It will require different firmware but they are working on making it software compatible with the MM. Also Version 2.7 is due out in a week or 2. What is in store for the latest version is not yet known.
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz

isaac_alaska1

Postby isaac_alaska1 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:36 am

hmm...right now there's 44 maximite SM1's in stock at dontronics, and the duinomite is all out of stock. Any special reason to hold out for the duinomite? Would be nice to get one and start playing with it, sooner rather than later :)

retepsnikrep

Postby retepsnikrep » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:44 am

isaac_alaska1 wrote:hmm...right now there's 44 maximite SM1's in stock at dontronics, and the duinomite is all out of stock. Any special reason to hold out for the duinomite? Would be nice to get one and start playing with it, sooner rather than later :)

Greg and I have SM1's so that's the hardware and software I will be using to make it work as a Master if that helps your descion :wink:
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:14 am

Not really sure if I was saying you should wait for the Duniomite or get the SM1 while you can. :lol: :lol:
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz

isaac_alaska1

Postby isaac_alaska1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:23 am

ordered a maximite sm1 :)

also, the sv2000 is coming back into stock at the end of next week, so it will be available again from speechchips.com if anyone is needing one. i think i'm going to buy one so i can have the option of either the master v2.0 or maximite, since i already have most of the parts for two master units :)

GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:39 am

There's also the Tellymate. It is cheaper that the SV2000 and give better resolution. Down side is it won't fit on the V2 board, you would need to have it as a daughter board, and the software would need some changes.
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz

Return to “BMS thread”