Any info available on allied electric conversions

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
glyndwr1998

Any info available on allied electric conversions

Postby glyndwr1998 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi all,

I've seen recently a few Peugeot electric vehicles on autotrader, these are Peugeot experts and Peugeot partners around year 2010, and converted by a company called allied electric in Scotland.

I have telephoned them, they don't convert vehicles any longer, but they do support the vehicles they have comverted. I asked them for a technical brochure, or any information, but they are not wiling to part out any information, they said any works have to go back to them to be repaired.
All I wanted really was the motor type, controller, batteries etc.... All basic stuff really, in case I did go ahead and buy one, I didn't want to be trapping to Scotland from Wales to fix it.

Has anyone got any info on these conversions, I have heard they are 30kwh battery pack, but nothing else.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Anthony.

timpootle

Re: Any info available on allied electric conversions

Postby timpootle » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:11 am

I remember them. I will dig out what I can find
Tim Crumpton

glyndwr1998

Postby glyndwr1998 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Thanks very much Tim,

I have phoned them but they were not all all helpful with any information.
I thought by law they had to produce a technical manual and issue it with the vehicle for any additional works carried out on the vehicle, they didn't want to know anyhow.

I am in abit of a hard decision to be honest.

I have a young adult son who is 18 years of age, who has cerebral palsy, and next year will be leaving school and hopefully going to college. I have campaigned really hard this last year to get a college in Wales, and now we have a service provider willing to set up a college in Cardiff for a 2016 start. So that's great news, but providing transport is not going to be funded, so I have to find a way of getting him to school myself, a journey of 24 miles each way that's a total 96miles per day.

As a family I am his full time carer and I cannot afford that amount of fuel petrol / diesel, an option may be to get an allied converted Peugeot expert high top and add a wheelchair ramp and restraint system and use an electric vehicle to do the job. I do have a large solar array that I installed a few years ago so could use a great deal of our own generated electricity to fund most of the journey on a daily basis for many months of the year. Yesterday of or instance we produced over 30 kWh of electricity and we are towards the end of September.

That's my reason for trying to find out what equipment they use, I think they have a 30kwn battery possibly winston batteries like on the model, but haven't a clue on the bms, electric motor or controller, and heating system.

Any help would be absolutely fantastic Tim.

Thanks very much.
Anthony.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Tim Crumpton

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Tim Crumpton

glyndwr1998

Postby glyndwr1998 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:06 pm

Thanks very much Tim, great info there, very much appreciated.

Anthony.

skooler

Postby skooler » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi Anthony,

We actually have an Allied Expert in the workshop right now for a wheelchair ramp to be installed. Crazy!

let me know if we can help :)

Mike
Posts by Mike Schooling
Director and tech lead at indra.co.uk

Mazda RX8, Soliton Jr, 24KWH Sinopoly LiFePO4, Kostov 11alpha
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... 61556.html

glyndwr1998

Postby glyndwr1998 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:05 pm

That's unreal. Hope it's a straight forward job for you.

I have owned a few wheelchair converted vehicles in the past, my current one is a Peugeot expert tepee 2009 model.
They can be converted in 2 ways reallyfor our particular use. My sons electric wheelchair is quite high, so it's either gotta be a high top roof van and standard pull out ramp, maybe 2.4 Mrs long, or a cut away floor. The cut away is more practical but more technically challenging, especially if some of the batteries are under the rear section of the floor too. If they are, then again, more technically challenging.
I am very technical myself, installed my own Prius plug in hybrid kit with 7.5 kWh lifepo4 battery, recently upgraded to a leaf battery giving me about 13kwh (32 cells in series) with my tolerances (4.05v to 3.6v) this is adaquate for my range, which is about 35 miles with these voltage tolerances.
I am in the process of installing an off grid solar pv system using 8 kWh of lifepo4 batteries and a 10kw ups. Nice project, keeps me busy.
If I can help anyone with any info on solar pv, energy diversion, or off grid without spending an absolute fortune, ask away, I'll try to help.

Thanks skooler, I would appreciate any pics of the underside of the allied electric truck, battery location and securing method, in case I do go down the road of picking one up and installing wheelchair access. It all hinges on whether the Welsh assembly will help with the cost of the transport of my son to and from college, if there's no finacial help available, then it's definately an electric van route, I wouldn't be able to fund him to go otherwise.
Keep us updated anyway please, I wish I could come down and see the project at the workshop, be great to have a direct insight in what's required.

Thank you.

skooler wrote:Hi Anthony,

We actually have an Allied Expert in the workshop right now for a wheelchair ramp to be installed. Crazy!

let me know if we can help :)

Mike

skooler

Postby skooler » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:33 am

Come and have a look if you like? the lift we are installing doesn't require any cutouts and should be entirely non intrusive.
Posts by Mike Schooling
Director and tech lead at indra.co.uk

Mazda RX8, Soliton Jr, 24KWH Sinopoly LiFePO4, Kostov 11alpha
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... 61556.html

evlithium

Postby evlithium » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:34 pm

to convert a electric vehicle,thunder sky winston battery is a good choice.
Thunder Sky Winston battery is a high power lifepo4 battery with big capacity.
http://www.evlithium.com/Winston_Battery.html
Alex
www.evlithium.com
Battery BMS E-Bike Kits

Return to “All things battery related”