Elcat Citivan 202

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
clnbrtltt

Elcat Citivan 202

Postby clnbrtltt » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:25 am

As the Elcat is not mentioned in the specific vehicle section we thought this would be the best place to post.
At long last we have taken the plunge and purchased an Elcat Citivan 202 from John Lilly :D
Only had it a couple of days but took it for it's first short run yesterday around our very steep country roads and generally very pleased with it :)
We really wanted a 4 seater EV but having waited 18 months for something suitable finally decided on this in the interim.
Somewhere on this forum Nikki mentioned Footman James for insurance as the BVS has negotiated a discount. We rang them and they gave a very favourable quote of £178 :) As our JBA Kitcar was also up for insurance renewal we asked for a quote for that and it came out at £120 LESS than we have been paying :lol: :lol:
Thank you BVS :D
Anyone else out there with an Elcat EV :?:

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Not an Elcat but I built a Spartan (drove every day for 12 years) a long time ago and I've a Ginetta G27 plus of course the Zest :wink: and we're busy building some others which we'll let you see in the near future I hope

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:37 pm

OH Excellent! So you're the couple who John was talking about! :) Excellent :)

How's it charging? Are you enjoying your new found EV status?

Don't forget to add it to the EV album and send me something to put up in the BVS "Members cars" site :)

Nikki.

P.S. There's an Elcat in Bristol :)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:02 pm

All well so far Nikki but it will be a couple of weeks before we know exactly what we are doing!
John has sorted out a slower charger for when our wind turbine is generating at lower wind speeds.
We will then send you more details for the member's cars site.
No wind today or yesterday (quite rare here) which is very peeving :!:

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”