UK wide - Lands End to John O'Groats, 3rd September V1.2

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
ChrisB

UK wide - Lands End to John O'Groats, 3rd September V1.2

Postby ChrisB » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:49 pm

This event is now back for for Terry and the crew, with new batteries and extra chargers.

BVS member Terry Harding will be taking to the Road around the 3rd September 2008 to ride his Oxygene Electric Scooter, that runs on nickle zinc batteries, from Lands End to John O'Groats totally under battery power.

He will have our very own John Crayton as backup who will be carrying a generator to allow Terry to recharge on route, they hope to complete the journey in about 7 to 10 days.

Terrys scooter can run for up to 30miles before requiring a recharge and can be recharged in just a few hours so they are hoping to get a good 100+ miles in per day, but weather and driving conditions and break downs could hamper this figure.

I will post up the route and if you think he will be near you feel free to offer some support or just wave him on as he whizzes past.

Hopefully I'll have a map up soon and be able to plot his course as he goes and give upto date info of his location.

ChrisB
Last edited by ChrisB on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:21 pm

Blimey that'll be good going!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Well if anyone wants to meet Terry and chat about his huge journey which starts in just a few days time. Well you'll be able to see him at the Detling Kit Car show in Kent (details in the events section)

Right well heres a few publicity shots of Terry and his Oxgen scooter

I'm getting a map together and will sort out his route over the weekend, hopefully we'll have a map showing his progress for when he starts out.

ChrisB

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:43 am

He's a bit of a star is Terry. He's most certainly got the stamina to do it just read the electrathon item on the main site if you want to see what I mean.

I hope they are going to be keeping a diary on the adventure as I'm going to want to have a big article in the following Plugged In.

Good luck Terry and JC !

booboo

Postby booboo » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:48 am

Wow, and I thought London-Brighton on a C5 was good going :shock:

Good luck Terry, hope all goes as well !

Karl
London to Brighton on a Sinclair C5 - 6/5/07 - what a trip !
Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 petrol for everyday abuse - thank God for LPG
Sinclair C5's (Plus "c5alive.co.uk" ) as a hobby

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:23 pm

LOL London to Brighton on a C5 is good going !! :lol:

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:40 pm

Well he's on his way...........I think.........currently I've not had any official word that they are up and running but today was really the first real day and they where not planning on going to mad.

Below is a "ROUGH" map of his route , as I get updates I'll update the map, if anyone wants to meet up with the two of them because you might be close to their route, let me know and I'll try and sort something out.

ChrisB

funontwowheels

Lands End to John O'Groats - how to meet up with Terry

Postby funontwowheels » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:30 am

Hi Chris,

Do you have a mobile telephone number for Terry or his back-up person? If so can you send a note of it to me at: electricmopeds@yahoo.co.uk I would like to meet up with him when he passes through Evanton and offer him a 'free' re-charge and some hospitality. I may even be able to arrange some publicity for him ( and the BVS ) in my local paper.

I think his trip is a great idea ... I hope he makes it all the way.

George

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Here if you need a charge
Tim Crumpton

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Thanks George I'm still currently awaiting a update on their progress :(

As soon as I know what the current score is I'll give you a shout :wink: same for your goodself Tim.

Sadly I've been out all this evening and so havent had a chance to give them a shout to find out where they have got to.

ChrisB

Return to “Events”