West : Eden project Green Car Show 23-31May : BVS non event

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
ChrisB

West : Eden project Green Car Show 23-31May : BVS non event

Postby ChrisB » Thu May 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Errrr anyone know why we havent either got a presence or know about this show :?

Or is it more a manufacturers only show or they want eleventy billion pounds for a stand ??

Details here http://sgcs.edenproject.com/About.html

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

MB

Postby MB » Thu May 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Other than Vetrix, there are no electric vehicles at the show at all. A real shame.

There are one or two G-Wiz owners who are thinking about going down this weekend. I've been talking to one of the Eden Project employees who has been getting very excited about then new Axon car.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu May 22, 2008 1:00 pm

Oh dear , so is it more a make loads of money out of the manufacturers by charging them loads for a stand possibley :?

Shame theres no EV's , really would have thought G-wiz would have been there :cry:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Re: West : Eden project Green Car Show 23-31May : BVS non ev

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu May 22, 2008 1:20 pm

ChrisB wrote:Errrr anyone know why we havent either got a presence or know about this show :?

Or is it more a manufacturers only show or they want eleventy billion pounds for a stand ??

ChrisB

According to the last issue of Plugged In, our Local Contact for the Cornwall area is Pam Bartlett. I don't know what events Pam has organised locally to her so far, if any, but it might be worth contacting her in the first instance. It may well be that she is organising something but it hasn't appeared in the magazine.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu May 22, 2008 2:02 pm

ChrisB wrote:Errrr anyone know why we havent either got a presence or know about this show :?

ChrisB

I do know about the show and basically it's a greewashing excercise which is frigging expensive.

I've been asked to show cars at several shows including at Excel in the green village there and they want £10,000 to show just one car

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu May 22, 2008 2:46 pm

qdos wrote:
ChrisB wrote:Errrr anyone know why we havent either got a presence or know about this show :? ChrisB

I do know about the show and basically it's a greewashing excercise which is frigging expensive.

I've been asked to show cars at several shows including at Excel in the green village there and they want £10,000 to show just one car

I imagine the Excel show will be considerably more expensive than the Eden event, though I may be wrong.

Also, they may well allow clubs, such as ours, to have a stand for free. Many events have charges for manufacturers but are free to clubs.

I think shows like this are a good thing. Yes, there will be some overblown greenwashing hype - that goes with the territory. But any event which stimulates thought about alternative transport, and greener transport, is a good thing in my view.

And if any of our members feel like going along and waving the BVS flag on the either of the weekends, then I think that would be great. The organisers might be willing for some copies of Plugged In to be sold at the event for example, or for a few BVS membership flyers to be distributed. Just a thought.

I have emailed the Bartlett family to see if they have any plans to be at the show.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu May 22, 2008 3:10 pm

SaintMaryUK wrote:And if any of our members feel like going along and waving the BVS flag on the either of the weekends, then I think that would be great. The organisers might be willing for some copies of Plugged In to be sold at the event for example, or for a few BVS membership flyers to be distributed. Just a thought.

Mary.

Any particular reason you've not proposed copies of the Review ? :wink:

Return to “Events”