North-West, Manchester Sci Mus - Sat 5th July '08 - Regional

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

North-West, Manchester Sci Mus - Sat 5th July '08 - Regional

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Fri May 02, 2008 7:34 am

Please scroll down to the end of this page for the latest information on this event.

For info on how to get to the museum etc, please see their website:

http://www.msim.org.uk/visiting-us

Mary.
Last edited by MaryRCrumpton on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sat May 17, 2008 9:44 am

Exciting news:

The North-West event on Saturday 5th July will be held at the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry.

Only one of the biggest science museums in the UK!! YAY! :-)

People who can bring an electric vehicle for display will be able to arrive from 10am, with the event kicking off at 10.30am.

If you would like your vehicle included in the display then please email me with a few details about your vehicle, including its registration number, if applicable, so that I can reserve you a parking space in the display area.

We hope to have some new vehicles on display also, such as the Trend-E electric kit-car, amongst others.

We are thinking that the event will finish at about 4pm, although the museum is open longer than that of course.

So, who's coming? *bounce*

Mary.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:43 am

A reminder that this event is less than a month away. :-)

I have two confirmed excellent speakers who will be presenting talks, for those that might be interested. And of course we will have a display of electric vehicles.

I need to know numbers for the display. If you are bringing an electric car/bike/bicycle/whatever, can you please email me or comment here ASAP so that I can reserve you a space in the display area.

Thanks,

Mary.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:38 pm

I will bring my original Citroen Berlingo ;-)

The long-ranger is still awaiting batteries.
Tim Crumpton

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:04 am

I have had final confirmation from a couple of other people now too:

Clive Williams is bringing 2 Enfields and a C5.

And we have Kerrion Marsh coming from Jimini, with the new Trend E electric kit-car to show us (which I am writing an article about for the next issue of Plugged In).

What are other people bringing?

Mary

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

This weekend!

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:56 am

A reminder that the North-West Summer event is this Saturday 5th July, at the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry, from 10.30am - 4.30pm.

There will be on display, from 11am, a variety of battery-powered vehicles. It will also be a chance to meet other members informally, attend a couple of talks, and of course there is the museum itself to look around.

The event is FREE to attend, to both members and non-members. If you come in a vehicle that is not part of the display, parking costs £5 for the whole day. Museum entry is free, as is entry to the 2 talks.

If you own a vehicle that you would like to be part of the display, then please contact me so that I can reserve you a parking space in the display. We are asking that display vehicles are there by 11am if possible, and stay until 4pm if possible, but if you can only spare a couple of hours to be in the display that's ok too.

I have organised 2 talks at the museum during the day:

11.30am – Traction Battery Performance – Some Techniques for Comparison

2.30pm – London to Brighton by Electric Car – 1897

The vehicles in attendance will range from cutting edge development stuff, to current and historic vehicles and will include, amongst other things: 2 Enfield cars (1960s), a Berlingo Electrique Van (2000), a C5 (1980s), a Trend-E electric kit-car that has only just been released onto the market, and a Mega Van (which is a very small utility van, and was named electric vehicle of the year 2006). There will be electric cars, bikes, scooters, bicycles etc, and even a battery-powered model aeroplane!

It’s not too late to get your vehicle included in the display, but you'll need to let me know you are bringing it, so that I can give your name to the man on the gate to allow you free parking. Please get in touch to book a place - 07751 696 055.

Non-members and families are welcome - bring your family, friends, neighbours..... ;-)

And I should warn people that there is a possibility that the BBC will be in attendance, so don't be alarmed if you see a camera crew about (though obviously no-one is obliged to be on telly or anything).

I've heard from lots of people that they are coming, so this promises to be a really good event. Thanks in advance to everyone who has already been in touch.

Particular thanks to Antoni Offert and Clive Williams who are our 2 speakers.

Mary.

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:43 pm

I will be there, no vehicle though.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:33 pm

Great!

See you there. Maybe you will find inspiration for your conversion.
Tim Crumpton

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:25 pm

I hope so, though I think I have enough inspiration, perhaps I need direction.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:03 am

Just a reminder of our Manchester Event tomorrow which is FREE to attend for members and non-members, and is being held at a family-friendly venue.

For further details, please click on the links below:

Our event is on the front page of the museum's website, a link from a pic of a C5: www.msim.org.uk/

or:

http://www.msim.org.uk/whats-on/battery ... les-@-mosi
(the info page on the Science museum's website)

http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk ... ess/?p=417
(the info page on our website)

http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk ... age_id=384
(my contact details)

People who own an electric vehicle, and are willing to have it included in the display, are entitled to FREE PARKING as well (usual rate: £5 for the day), provided that they let me know they are coming so I can give their name to the man on the gate. Please email me by 10pm tonight, or text/phone me on 07751 696 055 anytime, if you have a last-minute wish to be included in the display.

Do feel free to circulate the text of this post to whoever you wish.

Also, you may wish to tune into BBC radio Manchester tonight to hear me speaking about what will be happening at the event, at roughly 10.10pm TONIGHT.
Their website, where you can listen to the radio station live online, or get the FM frequency details, is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/local_radio/

Tomorrow will be a great opportunity to chat to people who are driving electric vehicles on a day-to-day basis, see some current and historic vehicles, and attend a couple of talks. We are thrilled to have, amongst other things, some new vehicles on display that are just coming onto the market.

Finally, another date for your diaries: *** Saturday 4th October 2008*** - this is the date of the next North-West electric vehicle meet; further details will be posted on the Battery Vehicle Society website as they become available.

Thanks in advance to everyone who is contributing to make tomorrow a success. I look forward to an informative and fun day out at the museum.

Mary

Return to “Events”