Northeast meet – Sat 10 May – informal

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
MalcolmB

Northeast meet – Sat 10 May – informal

Postby MalcolmB » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:41 pm

After the phenomenal success of recent get-togethers in southern northern England I reckon it's got to be time for a proper northern meet. This is an informal gathering, so whether you're already a BVS member or just curious come along for a chat.

Date: Saturday 10 May
Time: 11.30 till you get bored
Venue: Falcon's Nest pub in Newcastle, just off the A1: http://www.innkeeperslodge.com/lodgedetail.asp?lid=89
Decent ales, good food, open fires, child friendly, plenty of parking etc.
Dress: if you want, we're an open-minded bunch

As always it'd be great if you could bring an electric vehicle along – I'll be bringing my motorbike and ebike. There aren't any charging facilities at the pub, but if anyone does need a charge I live just a few minutes away and there's space on my drive for a couple of cars. I'll be happy to shuttle you there and back. Please let me know in advance though.

I'll post some directions a little closer to the time. Please pass this message on to anyone you think will be interested.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:13 pm

Fantastic first post Malcolm in the re-designed Events area and just exactly, I think, how we need them to be.
Just looking at the title gave me all the info I needed 8) and then you went on further in the message body giving loads of useful info.

Sadly I cant come as its a little to far north from me :oops: but then everywhere is north from me :lol:

Thanks for using the new style of Events posting and hopefully everyone will find it very useful.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:00 am

Tim and I will be there!

Looking forward to it :-)

Mary x
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:58 am

Just you try and stop me, nice one Mal :D

I dont know if i will be going in the prius or by train, i think the local beer is 80 /- if so i may consider the train :D

See you then
Tes
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

Peter Eggleston

Postby Peter Eggleston » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:26 pm

I hope to be able to attend this time.
Peter

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Sat May 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Just a reminder that we're getting together next Saturday in Newcastle. We're due some serious sunshine up here and I'm really looking forward to seeing you all.

Chris: Any chance you can stick this on the calendar of events on the main site? Cheers!

Peter: Hope you can still make it. If there are any other members you know who live locally but don't use the web much could you pass the message on or let me know their phone numbers?

It's very easy to get to the Falcon's Nest. Easiest of all is via the A1. From either direction, take the A1056 exit for Gosforth/Killingworth.

Take the 1056 exit off the roundabout and turn left just before the MacDonalds sign.

My home number is 0191 2852923
Mobile: 0791 4209447 (to reach me on Saturday)

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sat May 03, 2008 6:18 pm

MalcolmB wrote: It's very easy to get to the Falcon's Nest. Easiest of all is via the A1.

Looking forward to it Malcolm. People may be interested to know that the Falcon's Nest is a hotel too, with very reasonably priced rooms. Tim and I are making a weekend of it and staying there Saturday night :-)

Mary x

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Sun May 04, 2008 11:15 am

Hi Mary. Great to hear you and Tim are going to make a day of it. Let me know what you fancy doing in the evening and I can make some suggestions if you don't have plans already. Looking forward to hearing all about your Berlingo upgrade plans and what's happened at Stoneleigh (wish I could make it but no car this weekend).

retepsnikrep

Appologies

Postby retepsnikrep » Fri May 09, 2008 7:06 am

Sorry can't make it this time as on Nights :(
Won't be up until about 1300hrs. :cry:
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sat May 10, 2008 8:52 pm

Thanks to Malcolm for holding a very enjoyable Northern meet :-)

I shall post a link to my pictures soon.

And just a reminder to people that the next Northern meets are:
Sat 7th June organised by Tesla from Leeds.
Sat 5th July organised by me and Timpootle in the Manchester area.

Anyway, great to see your super bike in the flesh Malcolm. Tim enjoyed his ride on it. And I can't wait to see the electric version of Steve's Polaris (a 6-wheeled ATV, kinda like a quad bike plus!).

All in all, it was an excellent day! :-)

Mary.

Return to “Events”