2008 AGM election issues. Your chance to vote for the Chair!

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
qdos

2008 AGM election issues. Your chance to vote for the Chair!

Postby qdos » Sat May 17, 2008 11:54 am

OK I've just received my copy of the BVR First Class Post

Inside it on the centre pages are two forms for people to fill in and place their votes. This one is re who you want to Chair the BVS for the next 12 months and is only open to BVS Members to vote.

2008 AGM Voting Form

Further to the recent last minute change of AGM date, the committee has taken the decision to invite members to vote for their choice of Chair by means other than attending the AGM in person.

Two candidates have come forward to stand for the post of Chair:

John Lilly the current chair and John Crayton the current Vice Chair.

Members are invited to vote for their preferred Chair by completing and returning the form below or by contacting Mary Perkins (Acting Secretary) by telephone or by email to register their vote. Due to the short time-scale we are happy to accept telephone and email votes.

To be counted, your vote must be accompanied by your valid membership number and your full name, address and telephone number, so that we can confirm that you are a member.

All votes must be received by 12 noon on Saturday 24th May or failing that in person at the AGM on Sunday 25th May.

Voting Form:

I would like to vote for ________________ as Chair of the BVS

Signed ____________________________
Print Name ________________________
Membership Number _________________
Postal Address ____________________

Please e-mail the information required above to

Mary.Perkins@BatteryVehicleSociety.org.uk

or Telephone with the above information to
0800 083 2171

Copy and paste the above into an e-mail and send it in to Mary or phone and leave your vote REMEMBER YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sat May 17, 2008 9:55 pm

Just to emphasise...

Votes must reach me by email, snailmail or telephone. Nothing posted here will count officially.

In order for your email/phone vote to count, you must include in your email:
Full name
Membership Number
Full address
Telephone number

So that I can verify who you are.

Also, you must be a fully paid up member.

If you have not yet renewed you can do so online via the main BVS website, and then email me your vote after you have paid, if you wish.

Votes received after 12 noon on Sat 24th May cannot be counted, unless made in person at the AGM.

Thanks,

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun May 18, 2008 2:13 pm

Couple of things

1) What happens if you cant remember your membership number :oops:

2) What happens if you have sent off your renewal yet it appears that it has not been renewed :? (perhaps I've been ousted :lol: )

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun May 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Voting for the chair is important.
Great Idea, but despite various efforts and two months, and my cash, I dont have any anything to hand relating to my membership, so I cant vote. I dont have membership details.

It would appear that the organisation really does need to get its act together, attracting new blood is important to keep any society going. But I doubt that Im the only one who has had these problems.

In my own area, I am attempting , through my work contacts to get Local Authorities to consider providing charging points, with some success and buy in coming forth. But to be able to show there is a strong and active user group is vital to help convine these authorities that there is support and users out there.

If this organisation fails, rest assured another will take its place and be successful. Money will start to have an impact, especially as more manufacturers get on the bandwagon.

In real terms the UK is now ripe for an increase in Battery Vehicles, most
people think that its great to be able to travel for about 2p per mile, and can work with a 40mile between charge range, or like me may be able to get at work top ups.

We need a strong organisation now to take the advantages that are presenting themselves.

Get voting those with the luck to be able to.

Regards
Grumpy-b (More disillusioned than grumpy)

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun May 18, 2008 9:51 pm

If you've paid and given your details to the Society then e-mail mary with all your details (less membership number) and vote and also register that you have joined and when and where and we will look into this.

This is exactly what the committee needs to know about first hand and why we need new members on the committee as clearly the people who are currently holding posts on it are not doing their jobs properly.

The good news is though that this will change and it will be very much helped and speeded up if you vote and inform the committee of your problems and complain.

Don't give up!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun May 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Grumpy-b wrote:We need a strong organisation now to take the advantages that are presenting themselves.

Get voting those with the luck to be able to.

Regards
Grumpy-b (More disillusioned than grumpy)

Please send Mary a e-mail or even call her on the freephone number she supplies , dont forget your not the only one that appears not to have a membership :? and I've paid mine for the past 15yrs + :roll:

As you say we are in a very good position to grab loads of advantages in the current situation, but currently we do have a number of folk on the committee who want us to sit back and just tinker with stuff, where as we could be come the market leader :wink:

ChrisB

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Mon May 19, 2008 11:09 am

ChrisB wrote:Couple of things

1) What happens if you cant remember your membership number :oops:

2) What happens if you have sent off your renewal yet it appears that it has not been renewed :? (perhaps I've been ousted :lol: )
ChrisB

1) People's membership number will be found on the address label of the BVR which they will have received today, or should receive at the latest tomorrow. It will also be found on your membership card for this year, which you should find inside this BVR if you have renewed.
Failing that, you can of course telephone our current Membership Secretary to ask him what your membership number is. His name is William Macphee and his contact details are in both Plugged In and BVR. The best way to reach him is by telephone as he doesn't check his email every day. And evenings are best as he works during the day.

2) If you think you have paid, but you haven't received a BVR/membership card, then again your best bet is to speak with the Membership Secretary, or whoever you sent your payment to, in order to check that they have passed it on to the Treasurer and registered the renewal as having gone through. If you have paid by standing order, then the Treasurer should have informed the membership secretary of receipt of your payment - again, check with the Membership Secretary.

Hope that helps,

Mary.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon May 19, 2008 3:30 pm

SaintMaryUK wrote:2) If you think you have paid, but you haven't received a BVR/membership card, then again your best bet is to speak with the Membership Secretary................

Do I really have to :roll:

ChrisB

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon May 19, 2008 9:20 pm

OK I've had a numer of messages from people asking what the two John's are standing for when they are up for election to be the next Chair of the BVS

I really am not asking anyone to vote for any personal preferance relating to the two Johns they both are fine standing men and both believe strongly in Electric Vehicles and the Society.

My interpretation of the two different stances are as follows :-

John Lilly wishes that the BVS moves forward to become a more modern Society, examples are the new website and Plugged In magazine

John Crayton wishes that the BVS takes a less dramatic change and returns to a slower approach which is more in tune with the longer running members of the Society.

This is just my take on the two options before us and I ask you to make your own conclusions and your own choices but I was asked to try to explain who was who. It is a bit confusing when both have the same first names.

I hope this helps people to make a choice it is not intended in anyway to direct anyone to one candidate or the other.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Tue May 20, 2008 11:33 am

qdos wrote:I hope this helps people to make a choice it is not intended in anyway to direct anyone to one candidate or the other.

Personally, I see no problem with people who know a bit about one or both of the 2 Johns posting to the forum to say "I am voting for X because I think Y". And just because you are on the committee I don't think you should be disallowed that right to free speech and expressing an opinion.

It would be improper for me to express an opinion as I am counting the votes, but I see no reason why anyone else should hold back, provided such opinions are expressed tactfully ;-)

Mary.

Return to “Events”