somerset electrothon

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
stuart mills

somerset electrothon

Postby stuart mills » Wed May 28, 2008 9:47 pm

As no one seems interested in the Mansfield electrothon I have been asked to take a MEV R2 to Somerset. Anyone have any details?

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed May 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi Stuart the Somerset Electrathon is at the Haynes Motor Museum test track on the 28th June.

John Lilly is the contact

The location is Sparkford near Yeovil Somerset BA22 7LH

There's an article on it from last year's event on the main site here
http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk ... ess/?p=182

stuart mills

Postby stuart mills » Thu May 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Do we know what time, or any other details please.

ex925

BVS Electrathon at Sparkford, 2008

Postby ex925 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:03 am

I enjoyed last year's event. I learned a lot from other people and their machines, and my enthusiasm was re-invigorated. I overloaded the motor in my home-made EAB the night before the event, but I went anyway, and was glad I did.

I am busy building a marginally less haphazard device for this year's event, (with a bigger motor, of course.....) and looking forward to trying it on the Haynes track. It is still just a home-made EAB, but maybe this year I'll have something of my own making to ride, and see how it performs.....

{...and if it works, I aim to complete the bigger TWEV next, so there!}

I have been wondering too, about timing, etc. for Somerset 08
I don't know who said this first, but "I don't like it - it's far too quiet"

I have two suggestions.

FIRSTLY - My guess at the likely order, as it's a one-day event this year "Early Doors", Practice sessions AM, Serious track-time PM, results ASAP
(that way the long-distance travellers still have a chance...)

SECONDLY - If we all post our intended entries, distances from home, estimated travelling-times, and any individual needs - ON HERE, ASAP, then any potential entrant not yet decided might be encouraged by knowing that others (hopefully plenty of others) are committed, AND the organisers might be able to fine - tune things to maximise enjoyment

Looking forward to hearing from everyone,

Ed. Gordon, in Plymouth, England

ex925

Somerset Electrathon 2008, it's definitely on.

Postby ex925 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:34 am

John Lilly has just confirmed that the 2008 BVS Electrathon at Haynes test-track in Sparkford on June 28th, 2008 is definitely on.

All the best to all.

Ed. Gordon, Plymouth.

ex925

PS from Ed. re BVS Electrathon, June 28th., 2008, Sparkford

Postby ex925 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:38 am

The 2-wheel, 24v., "junkyard-dog" is coming along (nicely? appallingly, more like.....)
Anyway, to anyone having any doubts about turning up with something they built at home: mine's bound to be worse than yours, so don't worry, bring it along and enjoy it.

Remember - Bentley spent £!!,!!! on their greenpower electrathon racer, and still didn't win. School teams with enthusiasm, energy - of all kinds, ingenuity, and a tiny budget were the best examples, and the BVS entry, built from scrap with virtually no budget at all completed the race with honour, so there.............

See you in Somerset, Ed.

PPS
Just in case, forgive me for repeating, the BVS Electrathon takes place on the test-track in the grounds of Haynes Motor Museum in Sparkford village, Somerset, all day, Saturday June 28th., 2008

PPPS
(yes, they are the people who publish the famous Haynes Manuals)

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:53 am

Good for you Ed!

Indeed the BVS racer may have been all scrap but it inspired several families whilst the Bently just put people off

ex925

BVS SOMERSET ELECTRATHON 2008

Postby ex925 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:49 pm

Could we see a provisional list of entrants ?
All the best
Ed

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:33 pm

The LiFeBATT MEV R2 will be going for the lap record. And I might even bring along a Chopper?
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:45 pm

ChopperMan wrote:The LiFeBATT MEV R2 will be going for the lap record. And I might even bring along a Chopper?

Looks like the gauntlet is down for sure! Come along and see what you can do Remember this is not however just about speed last year Terry took honours in duration and efficiency. The entrant we all thought was going to go the fastest melted his motor on the final lap. It was all good fun and Paul did get given most generously another motor by a fellow member of the Society.

So we're looking forward to seeing all forms of EV take part it's good fun!

Return to “Events”