Crawley Greenzone Sunday 4th Jan

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
booboo

Crawley Greenzone Sunday 4th Jan

Postby booboo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:09 pm

Although this is another meeting set up via www.c5alive.co.uk , no reason why it cant be a joint BVS/C5alive gathering :D

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=289.0
London to Brighton on a Sinclair C5 - 6/5/07 - what a trip !
Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 petrol for everyday abuse - thank God for LPG
Sinclair C5's (Plus "c5alive.co.uk" ) as a hobby

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:01 pm

Might join you on this. Keep us posted.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:21 am

Hi Booboo,

what time were you thinking of meeting at the centre/pub? I might be able to be in the area and drop in.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

booboo

Postby booboo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:53 am

Hi Mary

We always tend to meet up at about 10am-11am at the "hosts" home address, get all the C5's sorted, have a chat and then wander off on our chosen route.

You are most welcome to come to my place and have a play on the C5's - there is even a spare one that you could use for the run itself :D

I expect we will arrive at the centre for around mid-day and hang around for a few hours before heading off back to my place. This all depends on how many C5's break-down and the amount of time spent on repairs along the way :shock:

We like to keep these things relaxed :lol: , given the time of year we will most certainly be chilled...

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:59 am

booboo wrote:You are most welcome to come to my place and have a play on the C5's - there is even a spare one that you could use for the run itself :D ...

Now your tempting me............ a LOT 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

booboo

Postby booboo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:04 am

ChrisB wrote:
booboo wrote:You are most welcome to come to my place and have a play on the C5's - there is even a spare one that you could use for the run itself :D ...

Now your tempting me............ a LOT 8)

ChrisB

This might sort it for you;

If you want to have a "lazy" start to the day and meet us at the centre, there will be ample space to try out the C5's in a nearby car park.

Should you need to charge your 'Blingo you can plug it in at my place, or possibly at the venue itself. I intend to visit the centre this weekend and sort out some ideas I have.

I'll keep you posted ...

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:12 am

Cheers , looks like its just outside the Blingo's range at 55miles, well certainly if you take into account the height gain, and I'd really need the Genny in the back for the safety factor and best I've done on a warm day was 50miles and then it took a full 8hr recharge, so best I leave the blingo at home me thinks. Thanks for the offer though.

I'm quite often in that area these days so might take a look myself next week :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:12 am

As it is going to take all my charge to get to you (55 miles) I am going to need to need a full 8 hours charge in order to get home at the end of the day ;-)

If I get there early do you think I will be able to get charge at various locations. If possible, for my peace of mind, I would like to confirm a charge plan. Let me know if this possible.

Also, I assume that travelling when we are there is only a few miles.

booboo

Postby booboo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:43 am

I went along to the Greenzone yesterday and spoke with some of the guys there. They are very supportive and there is the possibility of this developing into a regular venue for c5alive and/or BVS events. They are hoping to stage a "Green Fair" in 2009 which I have said I would like to be involved in, something worth keeping an eye on.

At present , the Greenzone itself is quite a small set-up within a larger complex - being brutally honest (and no offence intended) it is smaller than I had imagined. However, it is in its infancy and deserves support - a wind turbine is planned so it may well expand further.

For this meeting there will be no charging facilities available, but exhibits are allowed to park right next to the Greenzone building itself - I'll post some piccies on the c5alive thread.

booboo

Postby booboo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:01 pm

Just a reminder, the c5alive greenzone run is this coming Sunday

The Sinclair C5 owners will meet at my place between 10-11am (address & postcode is on the c5alive website). We hope to be at Tilgate Park Greenzone for around 1230-1pm - all depends on breakdowns (vehicles and/or owners :lol: )

If anyone wants to borrow a C5 and take part, I have a spare available
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=262.0

I'm not expecting a huge turn out , but it would be nice to see some BVS members on the day 8)

Return to “Events”