Southern : Monthly group meet : 2nd THURSDAY in the Month

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
dargles

Re: Southern : Monthly group meet : 2nd THURSDAY in the Mont

Postby dargles » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Thanks, Tim :)
I guess one could say about time too! But this is a statement of intent, now I've retired, and hopefully got a bit more time to take things seriously :wink:
Regards, David

dargles

Postby dargles » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:24 am

Gaah! Sorry, Chris, looks like I can't make tonight after all :cry: I thought retiring was supposed to give you more time to do things, not less!
Regards, David

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Black mark to you :lol: :lol:

Was quite interesting as John was there with his new Nissan Leaf 8)

Well actually he was but not his car as the pub took it in their wisdom NOT to allow John to recharge there so he had to leave it at Terrys for a charge :cry:

So as the pub is so anti EV's :roll: , I've tasked Terry to locate a new venue that will allow us charging :twisted:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:20 pm

ChrisB wrote:So as the pub is so anti EV's :roll: , I've tasked Terry to locate a new venue that will allow us charging :twisted:
we would love to donate a ZCW Charging Station to them :)
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Kevin Sharpe wrote:
ChrisB wrote:So as the pub is so anti EV's :roll: , I've tasked Terry to locate a new venue that will allow us charging :twisted:
we would love to donate a ZCW Charging Station to them :)

Feel free to call them up, location details at the begining of the thread, trouble was it wasnt so much there wasnt a plug available but apparently "electricity is very expensive for pubs" and even though John offered to pay what ever was required they didnt seem interested :roll:
Oh well with that attitude they dont deserve our custom :twisted: I actually didnt buy a drink last night from them :lol:

Hopefully Terry will find a new more friendly location, would it be alright if Terry suggests to them that ZCW would be willing to install a point for free for them as a bit of an insentive ??

ChrisB

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:38 pm

ChrisB wrote:Feel free to call them up, location details at the begining of the thread, trouble was it wasnt so much there wasnt a plug available but apparently "electricity is very expensive for pubs" and even though John offered to pay what ever was required they didnt seem interested :roll:
sorry Chris, I didn't make myself clear.... I was suggesting that we use the ZCW Charging Station donation as an incentive to find a new location.... I personally think that anyone who puts up resistance to allowing EV charging is not worth our custom... by way of contrast, I had a Marriott Hotel near Heathrow bite off my hand to install one of our Charging Stations this morning (5 new sites this week :D )
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

dargles

Postby dargles » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:32 pm

ChrisB wrote:Was quite interesting as John was there with his new Nissan Leaf 8)
ChrisB

Doh! Mind you, I have already driven one, of course... 8) :D

I'd also love to meet Kevin sometime and chat about his (Tesla I think it is?)
Regards, David

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Kevin Sharpe wrote:
ChrisB wrote:Feel free to call them up, location details at the begining of the thread, trouble was it wasnt so much there wasnt a plug available but apparently "electricity is very expensive for pubs" and even though John offered to pay what ever was required they didnt seem interested :roll:
sorry Chris, I didn't make myself clear.... I was suggesting that we use the ZCW Charging Station donation as an incentive to find a new location.... I personally think that anyone who puts up resistance to allowing EV charging is not worth our custom... by way of contrast, I had a Marriott Hotel near Heathrow bite off my hand to install one of our Charging Stations this morning (5 new sites this week :D )

Yeah gathered that after I re-read your first reply :oops: :lol: :lol:

Hence the bit about the new venue we suggest we get them to get you to put in one of your points :wink:

Thats handy that you've already dealt with Marriot as theres one not far from the place we are currently using, and its close to the motorway as well,
http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel ... ott-hotel/

Could be ready made club meet area possibley ??

ChrisB

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:40 am

ChrisB wrote:Could be ready made club meet area possibley ??
just let me know if this is your chosen venue and I'll set my team loose on them :wink:

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Chris, would you be able to confirm the venue for the 13th October as I hope to be able to attend with my Ev'ie.

Cheers

Matt

Return to “Events”