Southern : Monthly group meet : 2nd THURSDAY in the Month

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
ChrisB

Re: Southern : Monthly group meet : 2nd THURSDAY in the Month

Postby ChrisB » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Hello you Southern'ers

Right there has been a slight change of day for the Southern meet with the aim of getting a few more to attend as we were aware that sometimes Fridays not the best for folks.

So from now on it will be the 2nd Thursday in the month , so TOMORROW will be our first meeting on this new date for those that didnt already know, the venue is the same as the first post and also copied below for reference, its just the day that has changed.

Hope to see folks there

ChrisB

ChrisB wrote:The Southern arm of the BVS will start having monthly meets from Friday 13th Feb 2009 (now 2nd Thursday of the month)

These will be at the THE WHITE HART pub, Castle St, Portchester. Fareham. PO16 9UK

Google map link HERE

Meetings will be on the 2nd THURSDAY of the Month at 19-00hrs.

Route :-
M27 Exit 11 and head south towards Gosport / Fareham as soon as you leave the motor Junction,
Keep left. A27 PORTCHESTER
A27 PORTCHESTER over two sets of lights - over small round about. Approaching next round-about indicate right turn take the 3rd exit. you are passing The SEAGULL. Continue down CORNAWAY Lane. Follow road around bend into White Hart Lane follow to T juntion other end as you take left turn into the WHITE HART PUB

Look for us in the lounge bar, do remember this pub does not serve food

Terry Harding
B.V.S.- SOUTH

If you need to contact Terry his e-mail address is "terryh AT jerseymail.co.uk" (replace AT with the @ sign) or drop a note on this thread here.

All welcome regardless if you are a southerner or not, so if you happen to be in the area on one of our meets feel free to drop in to the pub and chat about EV's, Batteries, Motors, etc etc most meets should normally have at least one EV there that will be available for demonstrations so why not bring yours as well.

NON BVS members welcome as well although if you attend more than two meets we would like you to join the club and for just £15 it offers great value 8)
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Crumbs yet another month spins past and once again its meeting time.

This Thurdays at the regular venue as detailed in other posts.

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:38 pm

And yet again another month rolls by and this Thursday sees us at the regular venue again, details at the begining of this thread.

This month we'll be chatting about the Future Car Challenge I expect.

See you there.

ChrisB

ChrisB

Re: Southern : Monthly group meet : 2nd THURSDAY in the Mont

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:02 am

Been a while since I've updated this page but thought I better let one and all know that sadly the last pub we use to visit has closed :(

But dont worry we have found another one just round the corner which I think is actually better as it has a nice large carpark which last month we used to whizz about in on my electric bike 8)

So visit the first post in this thread for how to get there but its only just round the corner from our last one.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1776

See you all there soon

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:12 pm

This coming thursday for those that attend, expected topic will be the up and coming Event at Amberly.

Sadly I wont be able to attend this meeting but will see some of you at Amberly on Sunday 8)

ChrisB

dargles

Postby dargles » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:58 am

Hi, Chris.
I've just begun early retirement, and reckon I can now create a little space to be a bit more serious about battery vehicles. I'll sort out membership (I've been a forum sidelines spectator so far :? ) but I'd really like to make it to a Southern meet at last (been meaning to make a meeting for ages, just never been able to fit it in). My diary tells me that you'll be meeting on Thursday 11th August at 7pm at the White Hart pub, PO16 9UK. Is this correct?
Regards, David

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:44 pm

dargles wrote:Hi, Chris.
I've just begun early retirement, and reckon I can now create a little space to be a bit more serious about battery vehicles. I'll sort out membership (I've been a forum sidelines spectator so far :? ) but I'd really like to make it to a Southern meet at last (been meaning to make a meeting for ages, just never been able to fit it in). My diary tells me that you'll be meeting on Thursday 11th August at 7pm at the White Hart pub, PO16 9UK. Is this correct?
Regards, David

Sadly not, we've had a venue change since then and now meet here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1776

Look forward to seeing you

ChrisB

dargles

Postby dargles » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi, Chris.
Sorry to be thick - does that mean you are now meeting at:
WICOR MILL PUB, WHITE HART LANE, Portchester, Fareham PO16 9AR ?
And presumably I've got the date and time right :) ?
Regards, David

BTW, not only has Christian got the electric Gentry he's restoring, I discovered today that Peter Wilson (also Southampton Uni) has both electric boat and electric car projects under way. I'll keep you guys in touch :) -David

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:58 pm

dargles wrote:Hi, Chris.
Sorry to be thick - does that mean you are now meeting at:
WICOR MILL PUB, WHITE HART LANE, Portchester, Fareham PO16 9AR ?
And presumably I've got the date and time right :) ?
Regards, David

Yep I know its a bit confusing due to the road name being the same , but I always update the map and details in the first post of this thread when ever there is a change, this now will be our 3rd Pub :lol: :lol:

ChrisB

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:41 pm

dargles wrote:...I'll sort out membership (I've been a forum sidelines spectator so far :? )...

and so you did. Welcome to the Society, David.

--
Tim Crumpton, BVS membership secretary

Return to “Events”