Manchester - Sat 18 April - BVS Spring Conference - National

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Manchester - Sat 18 April - BVS Spring Conference - National

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Come and join us at our first BVS Spring Conference, which we're calling "ElectraCon", in Manchester, at a lovely venue called Luther King House.

To read or print-out a booking form please follow the link below. Booking forms need to be returned, please, by the 26th March.

We’ll have a great line-up of speakers: from members talking informally about their latest project for 10 minutes, to longer talks from more experienced speakers, perhaps thrilling us with their knowledge of battery technology or electric car design, or telling us about the electric charging point network.

If you would like to give a short (or longer) talk to us, do please get in touch. We would love to have contributions from as many people as possible, whether of an informal or formal nature.

The cost, bookable in advance only, by sending a cheque (payable to Battery Vehicle Society) to the Secretary, will be only:

Non-members/partners - £15;

BVS Members - £12 (so members are getting a 20% discount).

This includes: morning coffee, 2 course lunch, afternoon tea and free parking.

If you are travelling a distance and would like bed and breakfast booked for one or two nights, please get in touch with me to arrange this.

At the end of the day, after the conference, some of us will be strolling down the famous 'curry mile' for a curry - all attendees are welcome to join us, though we may split into small groups, each in a different curry house, if everyone decides to come for curry! ;-)

For further details or to print off a booking form, please see the BVS website here: http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk/wordpress/?p=471

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

4 tickets left!

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Just to let people know that we have had a great response to this event and I now have just 4 places left.

The full line-up is now here: http://www.ElectraCon.org

If you would like to come, do please get in touch by telephone with me to reserve your place. When they're gone they're gone I am afraid, as the room we are holding the talks in has a maximum capacity (for health and safety reasons).

07751 696 055

It is promising to be a great day - Thanks to everyone who is supporting the event; I am really looking forward to it :D

If you are local, and unable to make it on Saturday (or don't fancy Saturday's talks etc), you might like to join some of us at the more informal pub gathering tomorrow evening (Thurs 16th) instead - see my other post in the Events section of the forum for details.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

Return to “Events”