BEVoB (BVS South-West) meeting: Bristol August 5th

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
anachrocomputer

BEVoB (BVS South-West) meeting: Bristol August 5th

Postby anachrocomputer » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:25 pm

It'll be the first Sunday of the month again soon, and BEVoB will be meeting at the Cribb's Causeway shopping centre near Bristol. The meeting starts at 10am and goes on until around mid-day, whereupon we'll go back down to the car-park for the usual EV driving-around.

You can find a map on finding the Mall on the mall here: http://www.mallcribbs.com/getting_here.php#local

And for those with internet mapping and/or on-board GPS, the postcode is BS34 5DG. We meet in the cafe at John Lewis' department store. But! We get there before they open, so you must go to the Partner Entrance and ask for the Battery Vehicle Society meeting. To find the Partner Entrance, from the charging points in the lower level of car park K, go up the stairs next to the electric wheelchair depot. Car park K is at the back of the Mall, so you'll need to approach from Pegasus Way and go down the ramps.
1994 Suzuki Cappuccino
1992 Mini-El electric bubblecar

anachrocomputer

Postby anachrocomputer » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:59 pm

Good meeting yesterday! I've put some photos up on my Flickr account, here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anachrocomputer/sets/72157601253160330/

They show Russ' modified push-along scooter, now powered by a 12V battery electric lawn mower motor. He also showed us his MOSFET motor controller and a fine motorcycle and sidecar combination (sadly not electric).
1994 Suzuki Cappuccino

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Was someone trying to pretend they were Nikki with that Motorcycle and side-car ?

anachrocomputer

Postby anachrocomputer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Thing is, the motorcycle and sidecar are stable in that position, unlike certain other vehicles I could mention...

(I'm not sure what part of the bike it's resting on, but no doubt it's a non-load-bearing part!)
1994 Suzuki Cappuccino

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:06 pm

That'll be the driver then I guess :wink:

Return to “Events”