US EVer on business trip to York Oct 14-Nov 4

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
MShipway

US EVer on business trip to York Oct 14-Nov 4

Postby MShipway » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:42 am

Nikki Bloomfield suggested that I place an announcement here.
I'll be in England from October 15 through Nov 4. The first 2 weeks I'll be in York. Sometime during the 3rd week I'll be off to Bristol to visit Nikki and Kate, not sure of the schedule yet.

I have been involved with the Electric Vehicle Association of Greater Washington, DC here in the United States for about 10 years.
www.evadc.org

I have an electrical engineering degree, though these days I work as a computer programmer.

I'd like to meet some EVers while I'm there, if I can fit it into my schedule.
I don't know what my York coworkers have planned, but I don't expect to be completely booked.

Michael Shipway

retepsnikrep

Invite

Postby retepsnikrep » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:55 am

Hi

I live near Thirsk about 30 minutes north of York, you are welcome to pop up for a cuppa and a trip in my van and or Insight if we can find a suitable date/time. There is a good rail link from York to Thirsk, takes 20 minutes.

PM Me

Peter
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:07 am

Hi Micheal,

Sadly I'm right down on the Southcoast at porstmouth so I suspect it will be unlikely I'll be meeting you but I hope you enjoy your stay in the UK and manage to visit as many of our nutty members as possible 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:19 am

Hi Mike,

Good to see that you made it to the forums!

We're a friendly bunch here and hopefully you'll find some more people to meet up with in October.

The November meet of the local Bristol BVS (BEVOB) is on the 4th so we're hoping we can have you around for that! :)

Our photographer, John, has some photographs from the BVS around the country at various events. Take a peek! :)

http://flickr.com/photos/anachrocompute ... lesociety/
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:27 am

Welcome to the BVS Forum and I hope you have a pleasant visit to our Island. I'm also on the South Coast so I'm not on any of the routes you're likely to be taking I suspect in your travels but if you happen to be this way you'd be most welcome to pop by for a chat about some of the things we're developing.

Not sure what part of the states you're from but here's a tip for you incase it's a warm part. Bring layers of clothes you'll need them :wink:

MShipway

Postby MShipway » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:25 pm

qdos wrote:Welcome to the BVS Forum and I hope you have a pleasant visit to our Island. I'm also on the South Coast so I'm not on any of the routes you're likely to be taking I suspect in your travels but if you happen to be this way you'd be most welcome to pop by for a chat about some of the things we're developing.

Not sure what part of the states you're from but here's a tip for you incase it's a warm part. Bring layers of clothes you'll need them :wink:

I'm currently living in Baltimore, Maryland, which is 1/2 way down the east coast. People from farther north call this part of "The South", most of the southerners I know disagree. Weatherwise it's warmer than I like, 90-110 a good part of the summer, and barely below freezing in the winter. Instead of snow we mostly get cold mud. 1-2 inches of snow closes all the schools, around 3 inches they close the Federal government.

I grew up in the Northern Minnesota praire, where it took 12 inches the close schools and we snow for Halloween 1/2 of the time.
So, I'll have no trouble with the cooler temperatures, but my coworkers will probably be suffering.

I plan to bring a folding bicycle with me, and if I have time to finish it, an electric pusher trailer.

Mike Shipway-

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:23 am

MShipway wrote:
I'm currently living in Baltimore, Maryland, which is 1/2 way down the east coast. People from farther north call this part of "The South", most of the southerners I know disagree. Weatherwise it's warmer than I like, 90-110 a good part of the summer, and barely below freezing in the winter. Instead of snow we mostly get cold mud. 1-2 inches of snow closes all the schools, around 3 inches they close the Federal government.

Mike Shipway-

I know Baltimore I've got photos of me there in 1976 at the Bicentennial! Have family who used to live in BelAire and now are all over West Chester and Exton etc.

You'll love it here in the UK we've plenty of cold mud! :wink:

MShipway

Pusher trailer not ready

Postby MShipway » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Sorry to say I didn't get the electric push trailer finished in time for my trip to York.
I am bringing my folding bicycle, which is by the way, an 1980s English made Bickerton "Portable".
Aluminum, 12 inch front wheel, 14 inch rear, 25 pounds.

I'm still working out my work schedule, so I'm not sure where I'll be when.
I'll be staying at "The Windmill"
Hull Road · Dunnington · York · YO19 5LP
http://www.thewindmilldunnington.co.uk/
which I gather is on the east side of York.

Mike Shipway

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:13 pm

Remember we are on 240volts mains supply here if you need to charge it you'll need a different charger I expect

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:31 pm

Or a tranny to drop our 230v to 110v :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Events”