Central - National Kit Car Show 4th 5th May 2008 - Show/AGM

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
Deker

Frustrating forum, website etc Grrrr

Postby Deker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:13 am

Hi Chris.

Thanks for your very brief reply.
I did not see the bit about AGM discussion HERE until after My post.
This where the forum can go astray.

BUT, you and others telling about Stoneleigh are missing the point.

Great you tell folks about the show and AGM, THEN you expect folks to go trawling around the net to find where Stoneleigh is.

I looked up Stoneleigh and came up with 5, yes FIVE different locations.

To name two of 'em

Soneleigh Park in London, Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire - which one is it ?

If the BVS web organisers cannot be bothered to put the address/postcode in with the blurb about Stoneleigh, and gets worse the AGM, being at a different location.
Then what's internet browsing folks going to think.

I'll tell you, "What an amateurish bunch they must be" or "They have a closed shop - no outsiders"

Im a long way from being 100 per cent internet smart, I can guarantee there many more folks who are much less smarter than me.

So, the question is - why make it harder for folks to find the address for the Stoneleigh show and the BVS (now apparent defunct AGM)
Makes us look even more like incompetent amateurs.

We cant lower ourselves to put something so mundane as the address of our events.
OF COURSE, YOU, THE UNEDUCATED SHOULD KNOW WHERE IT IS.

Folks like you and Nikki to name a few are very good, or even brilliant at at net stuff.

DON'T ASSUME EVERYBODY ELSE IS.

Yes I am very annoyed at the apparent smug attitude you (plural) have how easy it is to find anything on the net.

'Cos it B----y well aint.

This is how I see it from an outsiders point of view.

One very frustrated and annoyed. Yeah, Im fuming about it.

Deker.

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:03 am

It's all in Plugged In too including directions. We worked hard to get the magazine out before the event though sadly for umpteen various reasons it's still making it's way to you all,

Yes we are all furious about this but if we work TOGETHER then we can make things a lot better.

Peter Eggleston

Postby Peter Eggleston » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:04 pm

Stoneleigh Warwickshire, is as well known as a show venue as Earls Court is in London. No duobt there are other Earls Courts around the world, but if someone suggested big car show, it is not hard to work out where it would be.
Give these guys a break.
Peter

ChrisB

Re: Frustrating forum, website etc Grrrr

Postby ChrisB » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Deker wrote:Hi Chris.

Thanks for your very brief reply.

No problem 8) I didnt feel the need to ramble on :wink:

Deker wrote:I did not see the bit about AGM discussion HERE until after My post.
This where the forum can go astray.

Ah so your saying it was user error then :wink: and nothing to do with the forum going astray, you cant blame the forum just because you havent read the posts :wink:

Deker wrote:
BUT, you and others telling about Stoneleigh are missing the point.

Great you tell folks about the show and AGM, THEN you expect folks to go trawling around the net to find where Stoneleigh is.

I looked up Stoneleigh and came up with 5, yes FIVE different locations.

To name two of 'em

Soneleigh Park in London, Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire - which one is it ?

Entering the words National Kit Car Show Stoneleigh into google ( you can click those blue words) and the third result gives not only the address but the company who are organising it, not that hard is it :?

Deker wrote:If the BVS web organisers cannot be bothered to put the address/postcode in with the blurb about Stoneleigh, and gets worse the AGM, being at a different location.
Then what's internet browsing folks going to think.

They are going to ask a question or google it , I'd rather they ask the question as it encourages folk to talk ...........and its good to talk 8)

Deker wrote:I'll tell you, "What an amateurish bunch they must be" or "They have a closed shop - no outsiders"

They would ???? :? please supply evidence of this :wink:

Deker wrote:Im a long way from being 100 per cent internet smart, I can guarantee there many more folks who are much less smarter than me.

So, the question is - why make it harder for folks to find the address for the Stoneleigh show and the BVS (now apparent defunct AGM)
Makes us look even more like incompetent amateurs.

We cant lower ourselves to put something so mundane as the address of our events.
OF COURSE, YOU, THE UNEDUCATED SHOULD KNOW WHERE IT IS.

Folks like you and Nikki to name a few are very good, or even brilliant at at net stuff.

DON'T ASSUME EVERYBODY ELSE IS.

Yes I am very annoyed at the apparent smug attitude you (plural) have how easy it is to find anything on the net.

'Cos it B----y well aint.

This is how I see it from an outsiders point of view.

One very frustrated and annoyed. Yeah, Im fuming about it.

Deker.

I am concerned that "WE" are suppose to be technically minded and ahead of the game, we are the BVS 8) vehicles run by pure electricity, possibley the "FUTURE" of transport, it worries me that we "might" have members who are actually unable to enter the words "National Kit Car Show Stoneleigh " into an internet search engine :shock: :shock:
Entering those words into a internet search engine and pressing the return button on a keyboard has got to be easier than working out the gear ratio or power to weight ratio for an electric vehicle........isnt it :?

ChrisB

PS at least it made you ask a question and got us talking so nothings bad in my book 8)
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Deker

More Stoneleigh 2

Postby Deker » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:20 am

I forgot to add.

BTW. I had never heard of the Stoneleigh event until it was mentioned on the BVS site.

When it was first mentioned on the BVS site, all it stated, was about our event at Stoneleigh, that's all, the whole world knew what they were talking about, except me, and a few others Iv found, err -----

Deker.

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:09 am

Ahh well it's a superb event which is well worth visiting I am certain you will find lots to indulge yourself in. There are litereally thousands of enthusiasts and professional's cars on show and no end of trade stands to buy pretty much anything you could ever imagine you might need to build a car.

I look forward to seeing everyone there! I've been many times since the early 80's when I bought my first car directly as a result of seeing the package I was looking for at the show. and this is it fully built a year later by my own hands

Deker

Stoneleigh show - Tipped tools

Postby Deker » Thu May 01, 2008 2:51 am

For those of you that have cutting machines - lathe, mill, JB Tools will be there.

Jenny can supply most carbide cutting inserts and complete indexable tools.
Also has carbide mills and drills (stock varies) these are fantastic, they will cut tool steel !!!
Best used at much higher speeds than tool steel cutting tools.

The goodie bit is, just about everything she sells is good quality gear. At the right price :-)

I only found out at the Stafford motorcycle show that she has an E bike, see if I can persuade her to join BVS :-).
She's keen to have a go on my E bike.

Deker.

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu May 01, 2008 5:59 am

There you go Dekker, see I said there's all sorts of trades at the show it really is an excellent show well worth visiting which was why I had suggestd it as the venue for the AGM last year !!!

qdos

Contact Number in the Show

Postby qdos » Fri May 02, 2008 7:54 am

As people may want to find us this is my contact number which should hopefully work at the show on our stand in the halls

07775 853214

This is not the BVS stand but all the people on the stand are BVS members and we're happy to talk to anyone about anything to do with EVs :D We'll be happy to co-ordinate people should they wish a point of contact in the dry.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Fri May 02, 2008 9:44 am

Here also is my contact number should anyone want to reach me over the weekend:

07751 696 055

Also, I shall probably be hanging out in the bar of the onsite hotel, Stoneleigh Park Lodge, on both Saturday and Sunday evenings. So if anyone fancies a beer on either evening do drop me a text or give me a bell :-)

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

Return to “Events”