Central - National Kit Car Show 4th 5th May 2008 - Show/AGM

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
qdos

Postby qdos » Tue May 06, 2008 7:35 am

it was a pretty good show Chris you should have been (by the way the cow sheads aren't as bad as they sound it's a huge show ground and much exotica including a Lambourghini Countach replica and many Marcos could be found in there too! You must come up to see the show some time even your V8 would be considered a novelty there particularly amongst the Lolas and Ultimas :wink:)

Yes this is the cowshed Mary was referring to! which is after all where you'd expext a car with a raging bull as a badge to be shown in :wink:

Last edited by qdos on Tue May 06, 2008 8:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue May 06, 2008 7:38 am

qdos wrote: You must come up to see the show some time even your V8 would be considered a novelty ................

Shhhhhhhhhhh your not suppose to tell anyone about that :oops:

:lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue May 06, 2008 8:12 am

Lots of lovely V8s and even V12s to follow shortly for you even an unrecognisable VW Beetle based machine which was once upon a time a Nova in which the owner totally imerssed himself in total space age fanatsy!

In the mean time below is our stand as we were organising things before the onslaught of public enquiries. Yes this is our EV project totally naked!

Last edited by qdos on Thu May 08, 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue May 06, 2008 11:22 am

OK rather than fill up the pages here with large photos here's the link to my FlickrSlideshow of some of the cars we managed to snap photos of in our rare trips away from our stand.

Click here for the slideshow

This is just a small selection of what you guys missed

For those only interested in EVs at the show here's one of the Jimini with JP asking about it on one of the rare instances I got away

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Tue May 06, 2008 12:25 pm

People might like to know that I have been in talks with the guys producing the Trend E Electric Vehicle (the blue one in Qdos's pic above), and they have provisionally agreed to bring the vehicle up to Manchester for our Summer event on the 5th of July so that members can take a closer look at it 'in the flesh'.

Also, I am currently writing an article for Plugged In about the vehicle, with assistance from Kerrion Marsh from Jemini - I'll get the article across to you as soon as I can Kelvin ;-)

An finally, I am liasing with Kerrion about possible test drives for members at their site in West Bromwich. I will let people know when I have more details on that.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue May 06, 2008 12:44 pm

qdos wrote:OK rather than fill up the pages here with large photos here's the link to my FlickrSlideshow of some of the cars we managed to snap..........

Feel free to fill the pages up with pics, its far easier than that flikr thing, gave up waiting for it to load in the end :cry:

Has any one got any pics of the bvs stand ??

ChrisB

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Tue May 06, 2008 12:50 pm

I have pics of the BVS stand. I will upload them later. First priorities are typing up the meeting minutes, preparing some documents for Frank and Brian, and if I get the chance, doing my day job LOL. But stand pics will appear as soon as I can ;-)

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue May 06, 2008 1:02 pm

No worries Mary :wink:

Cant wait to see the mins of the meeting :?

ChrisB

MB

Postby MB » Tue May 06, 2008 1:31 pm

You know Qdos, you shouldn't put a Seven body on that. There's a Venturi Astrolab styled solar car inside that chassis just begging to be let out.

Use amorphous cells on the car, because they're cheap and easy to work with - and lets face it, you'll not actually get a lot of electrickery from a solar panel anyhow - and you've got a 'corr wow look at that' type car instead of just another 7.

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue May 06, 2008 1:51 pm

I totally agree with you Mike!

We had a chap involved in the project who let's just say was a bit like some of the members of the committee in the BVS and HAD to have his way which we let him get on with. It was his idea for the Seven which was a good plausible argument. so we went along with it. particularly as it would in theory have been quicker to get built for the show and also would have been a ready market for other parts seperately available. We as good as took orders for body components both before and during the show for Sevens.

By the way I have spoken with the Astrolab designer as he had a hand in the Zest too so I wouldn't want to rip him off as I know him but for those who don't know what the Astrolab is here is a pic

Oh the chappy in the photo who you had a chat with is our GRP man and he had a hand in these cars too so we're going to have a go at something similar with some people who want us to help them with one of their race cars :wink:

Return to “Events”