BVS Electric Karting

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.

Fancy electric Karting ?

Yes please, and I'll promise I wont cheat by adding extra PP3's
90%
No thanks, kartings not my thing.
10%

Total votes: 10

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:53 pm

EVguru wrote:
and the fact Mr Lightweight would win all the time

75Kg isn't all that light!

Skill comes into in too.

Hello Paul :wink: :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:02 pm

Right well it looks like we've got 4 folk wanting to play, which is a start 8)

As for weight classes etc , that isnt going to happen I doubt, it dosnt happen for the ICE powered karts so your not going to get it for the lecy ones I doubt.

At the end of the day it is a lot down to skill and quite often although the heavier folk wont have as good as acceleration as the lighter folk they will have far more grip for the corners and under breaking :wink:

So at the end of the day it all evens itself out.

Remember folks its just for a giggle and a chance for us all to meet up natter about EV's AND at the same time have a drive in an EV 8)

Right, well as I said nothings in stone but I'll make further enquiries and find out about locations and prices for later on this year :wink:

Keep adding your name this thread if your interested 8)

ChrisB

PHEV

Postby PHEV » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:42 pm

I would come along for a go and the chance to meet a few evNuts, especially if it were to be held in London...
Steve
*Mazda MX-5, 300KW peak, 300v 20KW/h lipo pack, Soliton 1000A controller. 1100KG.
*Ducati SS twin Agni 80HP peak.
*Aprilia RS motorcycle, 500A controller, Cedric's AgniMotor, 96v 6kw/h LiPo pack, 130kg, 90mph.
www.jozztek.com

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:05 am

Thanks Steve I'll add you to the list , as before nothings set in stone and its just an idea at them moment :wink:

ChrisB

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:22 am

Count me in. I recently had a go in these and didn't have to pay, :wink:

Is 28.58 seconds a fast lap time? "He says as he lays down the gauntlet"
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

gjsolar

Electric Karts

Postby gjsolar » Mon May 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Seems like a fine combination to me, karting, a bit more karting, then maybe a quick chat about EV's before some more karting.
Although since I'm currently at 95kg I think the weight penalty idea is attractive. Brum or London might be ok - just depends when. I think I make it seven people interested.
Teamworks are just opening a new track in reading in July - might be a good compromise location ?

gjsolar

Karting ?

Postby gjsolar » Wed May 14, 2008 6:06 pm

I contacted Teamworks karting, and received a very efficient response.

The new track in Reading will be open from beginning of July, they are definately still using all electric go karts identical to those in Birmingham with 8.4kw Lemco motors.

They will be doing some testing prior to opening, and they offered for me to go and check it out.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed May 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Nice one , good bit of research 8)

I have to say Reading is somewhat better for myself to get to , not sure about others though :?

Currently we have 7 folks on board I recon if we can get 8+ then we can look at running it 8)

Chris

gjsolar

karting update

Postby gjsolar » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:26 pm

The Teamworks track at Reading is now up and running, two big meeting rooms, bar, and reasonable track. Quite good access from north and west.Had a trial session this week and I can confirm that they are still electric and they do go well.(I think I overheated mine though !)

They have some opening offers if we are reasonably quick.

10% off in July and August.

For exclusive use of the track we would need min 10 people, at £55 per driver, so £50 with discount.
Extended GP (approx 50% more laps etc), £65 each , so £58.50 each

for open grand prix (no min group size, but possibly sharing the track) its £45 per driver , so £40.50 each.

Arrive and drive - two short sessions on the track £30, or buy get one free during august.

To be honest just to meet up have a go on the karts and then a chat afterwards - (the arrive and drive) would probably be ok. But I guess the grand prix would be more driving and so more fun.

Any takers, (I'll help to organise if needed ) ?

visioninthedark

Postby visioninthedark » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:16 am

Sound like a good day out for nutters to me. So count me in please... subject to date.

Return to “Events”