SIADIS Software - v3.11 needed!

General BVS related area
SimonR

SIADIS Software - v3.11 needed!

Postby SimonR » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:32 pm

I have a Siemens Simotion AC Inverter drive which I have been trying to get to work. It came from a scrap yard - without any of the accompanying wiring etc, so I've been trying to reverse engineer it to some extent.

I found a copy of the manual on the web and eventually found the pinouts / pin numbers for the big 68 way connector - and am pretty sure it is all connected correctly - but it refuses to come to life.

It would be rather helpful if I could get my PC to talk to the controller - for which the SIADIS software is used. The only version I can find on line is 2.05 - but in the manual it says it needs 3.11. It may not make any difference, but it's another thing to rule out in getting it going.

If any of you have a vehicle with a Simotion controller, I have a few more questions about the way it is wired up and what the warning lights mean.

I have asked everywhere (Metricmind, Evisol, Siemens) but nobody is prepared to give me any help. They only seem to give you the time of day if you want to give them 10 grand for a motor/controller!

Any help would be invaluable!

If I cannot get it to talk, my only remaining option is building a 3 phase inverter - which isn't as impossible as it at first appears! I'd rather not have to though!

Si

cianof

Postby cianof » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:46 pm

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks.
HelixEV is where the v2.05 software came from. I tried mailing him - but no reply as yet.

I have posted pretty much the same thread on DIYElectricCar - so you never know!

Si

electricmini

Postby electricmini » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi Simon,

I have a copy here (found it on the EV_stuff archive on my work PC)

I no longer have the Siemens system itself (sold it to Robin Lawrie for his Fiat500 conversion - anyone know if he finished it? )

I emailed you but it bounced back....

Richard

El Rayo

Postby El Rayo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:19 am

*deleted duplicate post*

El Rayo

Postby El Rayo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:36 am

Hi, SimonR,

I've salvaged a couple of drive trains from 2000 - 2001 Th!nk City EVs. The inverter is Siemens Simotion 440.60010.20. The motor is Siemens 1LH5116-4AA99-Z rated at 120V, 17 kW continous. The fixed ratio transmission/differential unit is Italian, make Carrero with a motor driven park lock mechanism.

I haven't been able to get the unit to work on the garage floor. I've been told that I need a contactor box from the Th!nk EV. A new one is three times what I paid for the drivetrain. The contactor box connects between the inverter and the traction battery and supposedly contains a soft start cirquit. I thought I could just use a solenoid to connect the battery to the inverter. How did you do this?

I've figured out a way to manipulate the inverter to think the BMS gives a go signal.

There are two other Norwegians also working to get the Th!nk/Siemens set up to work. Together we can make this work.

What lights are you talking about? There are no lights on my unit.

You can email me at: tom_roy.simenstad<at>getmail.no

Tom R Simenstad
Oslo, Norway
2000 Th!nk City driver

Bart88

Re: SIADIS Software - v3.11 needed!

Postby Bart88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Dear all,

I know this is an old thread, I am just hoping that there is still someone active who can give me some pointers.

I also have a salvaged Simotion controller+motor from a Think city car. I have been experimenting with getting it to come to life again, with 10 car batteries in series (120 V) and trying to figure out how the ínverter can be connected to operate. I will attach a simple schematic on how I have connected things now (which, to be very clear, does not make the inverter come to life). In the attachment you can also find a way to contact me directly.

I do not have a contactor box either, so I would be very interested to know how to make the inverter think that there is one. The same goes for the trick of the BMS go signal.
For future reference: here one can find the workshop manuals (in Norwegian): http://elbilwiki.no/index.php/Think:Verkstedmanualer

Cheers,
Bart
Attachments
Scheme_5dec.pdf
First attempt to operate the Think Siemens inverter outside of the car (work in progress).
(27.86 KiB) Downloaded 1132 times

Return to “General”