Lots of new electric charging points coming NATIONWIDE!

General BVS related area
aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:02 am

Tell us more! :)

I'm so excited about all these points!

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:17 pm

Wish there was one coming near us :(

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:46 pm

clnbrtltt wrote:Wish there was one coming near us :(

Don't wish. Make some noise.

Have a word with Nikki she's pretty good at making things happen I'm sure she'll be happy to give you some tips

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:43 am

Indeed!

And of course, I think the far south west is an ideal place for EVs... certainly away from the moorland!
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:41 pm

Qdos - we are doing our best :!:
We use ours most days but as yet have been unable to locate any other EV's anywhere near us :(
Neither have we come across any other interested parties :(
Even on the EV Network there is no-one remotely near us :!:

It's hard to make a case for EV charging points in our area when it seems that we will be the only ones likely to use it :oops:

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:27 pm

clnbrtltt wrote:Qdos - we are doing our best :!:
We use ours most days but as yet have been unable to locate any other EV's anywhere near us :(

Ah another reason to get the BVS membership data base requests running so that folk can request for members in their local vicinity. I couldnt beleive I had a member less than 10miles from me, which is our Terry....yep our Terry whos doing the End to End run on his EV scooter.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:51 pm

I absoloutely agree Chris it's so frustrating as there's more often than not someone nearby just our blessed membership secretary likes to keep the membership a secret even from us on the committee !!

Hopefully we can get something sorted to make it possible to contact people nearby. We're certainly going to see what we can do in the meantime just keep waving that flag down there in Cornwall.

Julia Pigworthy

EV charge points

Postby Julia Pigworthy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:10 pm

Would it be feasible for people to set up their own renewable micro-power station to sell credits to the grid, and to sell electricity to passing motorists like a petrol station? If EVs do finally take off I suspect lots of people will make the necessary investment and then every other house in the street will be competing for EV users custom. Maybe a system of kerbside markers or lampost markers will spring up to identify where the nearest charge points are and what rates each householder charges. Instead of Shell, BP, Fina, Esso, etc charging per litre, it'll be Mrs Scroggins @ £2/charge vs Mr Smith @ £0.02/minute. We could become a nation of electricity farmers all selling the universal currency of energy. I personally fancy the idea of an old mill to fix up with a waterwheel and windmill(s) and eventually solar roofpanels, with a fast-charge nozzle and 13A outlets near the roadside for EVs to charge up. Then I can use the profits to fund my own new religion to try and brainwash the children of the world into facing my house when they pray, banning chastity and oppressing those who dont as 'the non-believing enemy'.
Btw that last part was a joke.
Saw the film. You know which one. Now I'm strangely at odds with my own car..

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:44 pm

I am converting my house into flats, one for me, a granny flat for my folks and two to rent out. I am putting a 'free to tenants' electric charging point in the parking bay in the hope that it will encourage use. The cost of extra electricity usage should be negligable to me compared to the rent and service charge income.

Return to “General”