life on here

General BVS related area
Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:28 pm

SimonR wrote: People like you come in all guns blazing to show how clever you are and make them look stupid.

People like you are why this forum is dead - nobody is prepared to stick their head up above the parapet in case you start sniping at them.

There is a small cartel of members who know how to do it - and there seems little space for anyone with a different view.

So, you can keep your patronising, narrow mindedness - I'm off.

Simon,

This is a trifle unfair, particularly as I did not even see or respond to your original post. You seem to have formed an entirely erroneous view of my motives etc, based on just a brief, informal, response to your own somewhat adversarial and critical post aimed at me and all other members here.

If someone sets out to insult, or be overly critical, of a whole group of people, most of whom are entirely innocent of the accusation made (as I was), is it surprising that one or two of us might take offence at being included in your tirade?

Had your criticism been levelled specifically at the small number of people who managed to offend you, then that might have been a little more acceptable. From my perspective, this thread popped up on my screen with you accusing me of things that I knew nothing about.

Like all internet fora, this one is made up of individuals, many of whom may not know each other or have any other form of professional or social relationship. It is unreasonable to assume that everyone here (except you) is somehow acting in concert to be unhelpful to you.

Whether or not a subject attracts interest is affected by several variables, including the number of forum members, the time of day, or day of the week, when the topic is first posted, the level of interest in a particular subject amongst the forum members and perhaps a few other factors, such as the "tone" or apparent "personality" of the originating poster.

Jeremy

booboo

Postby booboo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:03 pm

From the main website;

Founded in 1973, the Battery Vehicle Society (BVS) is Britain’s foremost and longest-running Electric Vehicle (EV) society

I think the BVS is worth supporting, I'd hate to see it fade away. I've no doubt there are some real unsung heroes working away in the background on this forum ,and the BVS in general, who could use some more appreciative comments.

This is still a friendly and helpful forum.

Cheers guys :)
London to Brighton on a Sinclair C5 - 6/5/07 - what a trip !
Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 petrol for everyday abuse - thank God for LPG
Sinclair C5's (Plus "c5alive.co.uk" ) as a hobby

microman

Postby microman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:43 pm

SimonR,

If you post a question purporting be an fairly naive enquirer genuinely seeking information you should not be surprised or offended if the answers you receive make the assumption that that is indeed what you are. I answered your question supposing that your knowledge was limited perhaps to Ohms law and simple ac theory and attempted to explain why connecting a low impedance source of poorly defined voltage to a battery might be a bad idea and how a simple and cheap extension could make it safer and useful.

You now say that you knew the answers all along. I apologise for not being a clairvoyant. I'm only a (retired) chartered electronics engineer. In future I shall keep my head below the parapet.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:15 pm

booboo wrote:
I think the BVS is worth supporting, I'd hate to see it fade away.

Dont worry it wont be going anywhere :wink:

Forums are funny ole things, and things like this happen all the time on them all, its nothing new and nought to worry about :wink:

Moving on 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “General”