Project: PR examples (templates/proformas)

General BVS related area
arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi,

In order to capture the installation tips, etc in one easy to read place, I have created a Wiki site at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charger_installations_uk

Can I suggest that we put details of installations and tips here so that it can be easily maintained.

Please feel free to update (no account is needed, but it would help the revision history if you where registered).

Note, that it needs to be as an Encyclopedia entry format rather than a FAQ.

Please let know if this works as I was thinking of transferring the Berlingo FAQ in a similar way.

Regards,
Rob

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:34 pm

arsharpe wrote:I have created a Wiki site at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charger_installations_uk
Rob

Nice one Rob.

Here's a copy of your original example which I modified a bit before sending to the wise ones that I work with. I'm going to do a bit more fact finding then I'll pester our "green team" again.

Floydster's letter wrote:Now that the impact of global warming is becoming more and more important, responsible companies and individuals are taking action to minimise their effect on the environment.

Electric cars are an easy and inexpensive way of showing that we all care. There's also the added benefit of reduced running costs with no road tax, cheaper servicing and about 1/3 of the fuel bills.

Given the recent advances in practical electric vehicles such as the currently available Citroen Berlingo Electrique, G-Wizz and recent trials of the new Electric Smart Car by several local authorities, commuting using electric cars is now more practical than ever. However, most electric vehicles still have a limited range of about 40-50 miles on one charge.

This is a great opportunity for {your company} to contribute to local/global issues by providing public charging facilities in the major cities where we have a presence. These charging points are cheap to run and could be provided free to the public, costing about £1 per charge. As far as I know this would make {your company} the first UK company to sponsor public charging points.

Here is an article about a recently installed public charging point in Bristol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/ar ... ture.shtml

I am involved with the Battery Vehicle Society, who are featured in the article, and could provide more details on installing public charging facilities if this was something that {your company} would be interested in.

Additional charging points in cities would make it possible for more people to own battery vehicles and would raise the profile of {your company} within the community and with 'green groups' as an environmentally sympathetic company.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further information or if you would like me to arrange a visit to the charging point in Bristol to see what is involved.

Regards,

Floydster
I know I'm in my own world - it's OK, they know me here.

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:01 pm

Hi,

I have managed to find the email that Kelvin suggested and I sent to the Milestones museum some time ago.

It is a good example.

I am a local electric vehicle owner and member of the Battery Vehicle
Society (http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk).

With the public awareness of the environmental problems and rising costs
of fuel, we are finding more and more people contacting our group.
People are wishing to learn more about electric and hybrid vehicles and
the possibilities in alternative fuels.

We have a growing membership and are looking for possible venues to hold group meets and occasional displays. We were wondering if you might be interested in letting us meet at your venue and maybe, if there were any events you were planning which might welcome some of our vehicles which we would be delighted to display.

I would be very keen to hear from you if there were any events coming up and if we might be able to hold some small scale meetings for local
people interested in electric and hybrid vehicles at your venue.

Regards,
Rob Sharpe

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:31 am

Have you got a date for Milestones yet ?

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi Kelvin,

The curator mentioned next year.
So not imminent

Regards,
Rob

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Well it's positive at least :) pity there's nothing coming up this year though . So are you going to pop down to The Hampshire Pageant Of Motoring at the August Bank Hol weekend ?

Return to “General”