Free Electromotive Charge bay membership with free lead

General BVS related area
rustybkts

Free Electromotive Charge bay membership with free lead

Postby rustybkts » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:51 am

Having entered the "Future Car Challenge" which runs from Brighton to London on 6th November, I am planning my route and charge points from Leicester onwards.

Noting in the EV-Network site that Mercedes have charge bays at Milton Keynes, half way to London, I requested access to them in Milton Keynes and received the nice but slightly inaccurate Email below.

Hello Russ,

Thank you for your email. The recharging points in Brighton are owned by the city council and we manage them on their behalf. Access to the points is by joining the recharging scheme, please find an application form attached. You would need to register in order to receive the access tag and parking permit needed to use the bays, however registration is currently free and gives you access for a year, so you would be covered for future trips.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Jenny Coe
Elektrobay User Scheme Administrator

Tel: +44(0)1273 704775 Fax: +44(0)1273 704499

Registered Address
The Sussex Innovation Centre
Science Park Square
Falmer
Brighton
East Sussex
BN1 9SB
Registered in England No. 4676138

The application form is too large (nine pages) to attach so you can follow the link (http://www.elektromotive.com/html/application_forms.php) and download your own.

I assume that this will allow access to any of their charge points and have asked the question but not yet received an answer.

So not wishing to look a gift horse in the mouth, my form is being sent away forthwith.
EV Lotus Elise with 30/67Kw Siemens ex Ford Ranger motor
Sinclair C5 twin battery
2 x Zike bikes
Electric Ride On Mower (Lynch Power!)
Bosch beard trimmer

ChrisB

Re: Free Electromotive Charge bay membership with free lead

Postby ChrisB » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that it will ONLY currently allow you access to the Brighton and Hove points and no where else I'm afraid.

Currently each area have their own schemes :roll: and thus if you sign up to one you can only use that areas points.....crazy eh ......... dont ask, its the way it is at the moment.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “General”