Gunwarf charging points

General BVS related area
mattcarr

Gunwarf charging points

Postby mattcarr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:25 pm

As I was in the area tonight I thought I would pop in to gunwarf quays to see the charging points they have installed. There are 2 nice shiny polar points each with a 13amp and 32 amp outlet on it - but they are only available if you subscribe to the polar charging network. Luckily enough I found a couple of normal 13 amp outlets that I could plug into. Shame the carpark costs 2.90 for the first 2 hours to park, but a bit of free electricity makes me feel a bit better.

Sent from my charging car in gunwarf quays car park.

timpootle

Re: Gunwarf charging points

Postby timpootle » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Yes, the Polar pricing model is doomed. I'd prefer if everyone went card free like Zeronet, but I have applied for my Ecotricity card as the same.
Tim Crumpton

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:28 am

Yes, I was just reading the Polar Charge terms - £95 joining fee and a minimum of £19.50 a month - plus 95 pence for every time you charged. Ecotricity card - membership is free - how much to charge - free. Umm, I wonder which one will be popular?

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:49 am

mattcarr wrote:Yes, I was just reading the Polar Charge terms - £95 joining fee and a minimum of £19.50 a month - plus 95 pence for every time you charged. Ecotricity card - membership is free - how much to charge - free. Umm, I wonder which one will be popular?
Unfortunately though, neither network is proving very reliable http://www.youtube.com/user/evchargewatch
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:48 pm

"Chargemaster have updated the POLAR Network membership offer - call
01582 400 331 (0830hrs-1800hrs) for more information

So @polar_network card is now £10/year, free electricity til end of
March (longer tbd). Covers Polar, Source London, MK, Oxford,
Cambridge.

Right now you need to call 01582 400 331 and speak to Tanya Saunders.
Website live in due course"
Tim Crumpton

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:07 pm

timpootle wrote:"So @polar_network card is now £10/year, free electricity til end of March (longer tbd). Covers Polar, Source London, MK, Oxford, Cambridge.
clearly £10 per year will not keep Polar in business. However, if the T&C's are not onerous and you'll use £10 worth electricity by the end of March then possibly worth joining if only to reduce the number of cards you need.

Personally, I just wish they had made the leap straight to PAYG which IMO is what most EV drivers want.
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Kevin Sharpe wrote:Personally, I just wish they had made the leap straight to PAYG which IMO is what most EV drivers want.

The West Sussex is currently looking at the first (well I think its the first in the Country) PAYG system, all being well I think they may be rolling it out in the not to distant future 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:41 pm

ChrisB wrote:The West Sussex is currently looking at the first (well I think its the first in the Country) PAYG system...
sorry but I think everyone has already announced PAYG :)

Pod Point

ChargeYourCar

Chargemaster

Return to “General”