Still rather slow ??

General BVS related area
ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:24 pm

I can understand your frustration to be honest.

The BVS runs mainly via the Review ( Bi monthly mag ) which is how I think 90% of members keep in touch etc with current projects/meets/info etc and it does contain a fair amount of info etc

As you say the website is somewhat out of date it appears, or could be, and no sign of activity which can put people off, again why I started this little offering up as it does and can give instant replies or info for people.

As before its no way a magazine replacement as many of the BVS members may not have internet access but for those that do I hope this forum gives a good sounding board for nattering.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:33 pm

This forum is great. Hopefully it will speed up a bit as a few more people join. The big frustration at the moment is the distinct lack of BEV's especially here in Cornwall! They are becoming more available in London and probably soon other large cities but here......... Need I say more.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:52 pm

Its all down to eduction I think, the whole BEV experiance is STILL marred by the dear old Milk Float for joe public :cry:

ChrisB

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:10 pm

I nearly never handed over my payment for membership due to how out of date the web site was. Maybe some potential members never joined because of how it looks and is never updated.

If the BVS web site is rarely updated due to lack of time or interest by the comittee then I don't mind keeping it up to date or totally redoing it, I could also host it for free.

Happy new year.

Floydster, sitting here with no mains power since last night. At least I have enough backup power for my laptop and router :D

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi Floydster,
Hope your power comes on by this evening.
We would like to see you take over the BVS main website! If it is regularly updated and generally looked after then we will join.

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:09 pm

It's a shame the BVS site isn't as good as it should be as I think the magazine they publish is very good. It's a lot better than the magazine I receive from another club with many many more members than the BVS.

Most of the web sites for other clubs I'm in have some teasers from their current publications, details on the organisation, up and coming events etc. However, forums like this seem to be the best way for chat between members and for sale/wanted ads. Would be great to see the site and forum working together which is what ChrisB has been trying to do since he created the forum.

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:16 am

Power's back :D Just finished reading the Nov-Dec 2006 Battery Vehicle Review in a nice hot bath and two pages from the back there's a letter from Christine Gupta querying how often the BVS web site is updated. She's done a site which is pretty good http://www.mygreenwheels.com . Definitely worth a look.

Floydster

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:15 am

clnbrtltt wrote:Hi Floydster,
Hope your power comes on by this evening.
We would like to see you take over the BVS main website! If it is regularly updated and generally looked after then we will join.

BVS committee take note !!!! ( not sure if any of them are members here mind your :lol: )

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:21 am

floydster wrote:It's a shame the BVS site isn't as good as it should be as I think the magazine they publish is very good. It's a lot better than the magazine I receive from another club with many many more members than the BVS.

Most of the web sites for other clubs I'm in have some teasers from their current publications, details on the organisation, up and coming events etc. However, forums like this seem to be the best way for chat between members and for sale/wanted ads. Would be great to see the site and forum working together which is what ChrisB has been trying to do since he created the forum.

I have to agree with you Floydster , the mags great but the website is pretty poor in my book, compared to stuff thats out there today and the fact the whole EV thing is such a fragmented niche group then a good website has to help , also the fact we are looking, talking, and some of us are actually driving :wink: the future of transport !!! so if we are so futuristic then surely our website should show this ???

I did e-mail the chap on the inside of the front cover of the mag who "appears" to be the internet manager, have done a couple of times now and have never had anything back ??? So I dunno

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:24 am

floydster wrote:If the BVS web site is rarely updated due to lack of time or interest by the comittee then I don't mind keeping it up to date or totally redoing it, I could also host it for free.

Happy new year.

Floydster, sitting here with no mains power since last night. At least I have enough backup power for my laptop and router :D

Give one of the committee a shout then Floydster and offer your services, gota be worth a try.

It was mententioned yonks ago that I might be in the running for it but I have enough on my plate really and I'm not the worlds best when it comes to HTLM :oops:

ChrisB

ChrisB

Return to “General”