In praise of good work. Electrician recommendation, Bristol

General BVS related area
aminorjourney

In praise of good work. Electrician recommendation, Bristol

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi Folks,

I believe in giving praise where praise is due and have to tell you all about the company we used in Bristol to install our private EV points.

We had two 16 A external sockets fitted to our house, complete with individual MCB breakers at the main consumer unit. The 16A sockets are fully lockable (both in off and on positions) and have some excellent interlocks preventing the unit from being switched on if there is no plug present.

Here's a photo of the installation:

Kate and I were given a very reasonable estimate for just this work but prior to the electrician visiting had some other issues with the house, including a faulty RCD and faulty shower circuit.

Antec Electrical visited (the company is ran by an independent chap who is very thorough, professional, non-patronising and diligent) and fitted the new points, fixed the faulty RCB (enabling us to use the shower and washing machine at last!) and updated the electrical earth bonding to comply with the latest BS7671 standards.

For a day's work we were very impressed with the bill which has just arrived, including registering the work with the local council building control department and testing the whole house for electrical safety.

The total cost was a shade under £373. While it may have been cheaper to do the work myself the hassle of dealing with council planning departments and the like rather than having it done in one day by a professional wasn't worth the savings.

It was a real pleasure to have a professional working on the house who was polite and knew exactly what he was doing, and actually came in a tad under estimate!

If anyone in the Bristol area wants a part P NICEIC electrician to do EV related installations or anything else please PM me and I'll give you his number.

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

Return to “General”